I cycled the furthest I've ever cycled today!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Joe said:
102 miles (on my own), I'm pretty chuffed:biggrin:

I did a 34ish mile loop out from my house three times, stopping there to refill bottles and grab a snack each time I passed.
I must say it was the most I've ever suffered on my bike:evil:
I was fine and really enjoying it up until about the 80 mile mark when my legs started to ache and the wind picked up slightly. Up Ditchling Beacon (the best climb I know of around here) for the third time was painful, and from there down into Brighton and home I was absolutely freezing (shivering like mad!) as I only had a short sleeve jersey on:sad: At about 4 miles out I suddenly felt completely drained and couldn't get above about 12mph...that was the hardest bit. I was almost too weak to turn the key in the front door:blush:
After some food and a shower I feel fine again and quite proud of myself:tongue:
Next time I will try to eat a bit better/more as I'm sure that contributed to my poor last few miles. And I definitely need to invest in a decent windproof that will fit in my jersey pocket!

I was almost too weak to turn the key in the front door;):biggrin::biggrin:

postman

Legendary Member
Iwas not going to have a whisky to night.But after reading that i am. To toast you.A BIG WELL DONE.

postman

Legendary Member
Thanks Joe might have another just to celebrate i dont live in Withernsea.Went for a ride yesterday Humber Bridge then on to Spurn Point and took in Withernsea.It is a resort a last resort.

Keith Oates

Janner
Good going Joe, it will be one ride that will stay in your mind for a long time. The next time you do a 'ton' will be easier for sure......................well at least I hope it will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Ummm...Arch said you didn't have any staying power.

col

Legendary Member
starseven said:
Congrats Joe

I'm inspired, this could be a good weekend for a 100 miler!!

Whats that indian saying? "Its a good day to die"well,in my case anyway:laugh:

OP
OP
J

Joe

Über Member
Pete said:
Well, you have been busy ... Clappers Lane too, on top of it all. I think I have done 'ton's in my youth, when there were no computers, I had to guesstimate...but all that's behind me now ;). BTW I used to work in Portslade, in Franklin Road. Small world...
Indeed:tongue:
Do you know of any other climbs around these parts by the way?

Top Bottom