I despair.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Why , as human beings, we spend billions of pounds on weapons to kill our fellow men but have to rely on charities to fight diseases and illnesses. Every day, there are adverts or demands to raise money for cancer research and other causes and yet, I have never seen one to raise money for developing new weapons. There seem to be plenty of funds for that in countries all over the world. I believe that the human race is destined to eradicate itself through its own foolishness and lack of understanding. Stephen Hawking once said that he gives us 500 years. He could very well be right.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I can be quite philosophical sometimes but only in short bursts. :okay:

C R

Guru
Why , as human beings, we spend billions of pounds on weapons to kill our fellow men but have to rely on charities to fight diseases and illnesses. Every day, there are adverts or demands to raise money for cancer research and other causes and yet, I have never seen one to raise money for developing new weapons. There seem to be plenty of funds for that in countries all over the world. I believe that the human race is destined to eradicate itself through its own foolishness and lack of understanding. Stephen Hawking once said that he gives us 500 years. He could very well be right.
I think he was an optimist

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Human beings or men? :whistle:

Well the limited stats shows that 100% of Female British Prime Ministers have both authorised massive defense spending and sent troops into battle, so I would say human beings is accurate, at least in this country.

vickster

Legendary Member
One only has to go back to WW2 to see that some women SS were just as bad as the men.
Don’t recall it being a female dictator who started it all off though...indeed I can’t think of any female dictators in the last 500 years or women committing genocide (other than under the direction of men)?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Don’t recall it being a female dictator who started it all off though...indeed I can’t think of any female dictators in the last 500 years or women committing genocide (other than under the direction of men)?

Pauline Nyiramasuhuko - although I do admin 'men' are certainly 'winning' on the genocide front.

Top Bottom