I despair.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Like I said, only because discrimination and inequality prevented them from being in a position to do so.
Because of men...I actually don’t believe women would act in the same way even given the opportunity to the same frequency as men but that’s probably another discussion for which I don’t have time!

Milkfloat

An Peanut

She had the dubious honour of being the first woman to be convicted of genocide and of genocidal rape.

The world is complex, who'da thunk. Anyway, you need only look back at one of your countrymen to examine the balance of fear and hope

Hope is a disposition of the soul to persuade itself that what it desires will come to pass, which is caused by a particular movement of the spirits, namely, by that of mingled joy and desire. And fear is another disposition of the soul, which persuades it that the thing will not come to pass. And it is to be noted that, although these two passions are contrary, one may nonetheless have them both together, that is, when one considers different reasons at the same time, some of which cause one to judge that the fulfillment of one’s desires is a straightforward matter, while others make it seem difficult.

And neither of these passions ever accompanies desire without leaving some room for the other.

Descartes, no less.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I think this thread is going on a tangent now. My original post was simply on no shortage of money to be spent on weapons and having to rely on charities for health care and research to combat diseases and illnesses.
Of course, charities don't pay out dividends to their shareholders, arms companies do...

and bungs and jobs once you leave parliament :whistle:etc etc...

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I think this thread is going on a tangent now. My original post was simply on no shortage of money to be spent on weapons and having to rely on charities for health care and research to combat diseases and illnesses.
It has gone off on a tangent but the question was a little daft. You’re not the first person to realise the inequities of life.

We all know the answer, we just don’t like it and don’t have a solution.

Maybe governments and the people that enter them create a truth that the populace is a resource with a useful life (an asset, paying taxes and storming trenches), for which they have to be healthy, and a non-useful life (where they can't climb out of their own trench) where they move to the liability side of the ledger and become dispensable. Poorly people are moving to the red side, and governments know that there'll be some healthy ones along soon.
Why else would the retirement age keep rising? - Because the gamble is that more pop their clogs before they become the liability.

My other theory is that mankind as fleas like to think they're in control of the dog they're on, and feel better and more in control if they take over this leg or maybe a bit of tail from the other fleas. It's a warped sense of survival thing.

Yes I've just a had a really bad migraine so my inner John Lennon isn't dancing through the flowers much this morning :sad:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Stephen Hawking once said that he gives us 500 years. He could very well be right.

That's more than enough. We'll all be long gone by then.

Jody

Stubborn git
Because of men...I actually don’t believe women would act in the same way even given the opportunity to the same frequency as men but that’s probably another discussion for which I don’t have time!

Out of interest. What do you feel the world would be like if only women were in charge?

tom73

Guru
Don’t recall it being a female dictator who started it all off though...indeed I can’t think of any female dictators in the last 500 years or women committing genocide (other than under the direction of men)?

No but many a Mr dictator has / had a Mrs dictator who are more than happy to take to power , money and lifestyle that come's from it.
Mass genocide maybe not so but multiple murder and violence they are more than happy to dish out. Without direction of men.

tom73

Guru

That's like saying they can't be mass murders. You've never seen a full on female scrap on Friday night in a custody suit or visited a female prison have you ? where one set of eye in the back of your head is never enough.

Top Bottom