I dislike Murray, hate is such a strong word...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I don't like him, I'm not angry about it.

It's a good way of winding up the Jocks in the office, they share many people's disbelief in why I wouldn't want to support him, Dunblane being only about 8 miles away. I ask them if they used to support Hen Tinman (not that I did), they laugh in my face and make some (albeit humorous and benign) derogatory remark about being a toffee nosed English fop so I'm secure that my winding them up about Murray is justified.

Rob S

karen.488walker said:
You don't have to be a scottish wnkr and hate the english to make you interesting and not a dullard.

He was asked by Des Kelly if he'd be supporting Scotland in the 2006 World Cup....he said he'd be supporting anyone but England in the same tongue in cheek way. The press built a stupid story round that including that he bought a Paraguay shirt (which he and Tim said was false). He doesn't hate the English....his girlfriend is English.

His interview on Radio 5 was very interesting and he admits that he learnt a lot from those early days about what he can say to the press and how he didn't like doing interviews when he started out.

Now if you don't mind I'll hold your opening silly comment against you for the next three years, you silly ignorant b#tch.:smile:

yello

I always keep an eye out for his results but I can't say I follow him, mainly because I don't have a serious interest in tennis. I reckon he's done damned well to get to No. 3 in the world; that's taken some serious talent, commitment and no shortage of hard work. Especially when you consider he's come from somewhere that hardly has a rich tradition of tennis. I'd like to see him in the final at Wimbledon, though not knowing the draw I don't know if he'd meet Federer along the way.

Rob S

yello said:
I'd like to see him in the final at Wimbledon, though not knowing the draw I don't know if he'd meet Federer along the way.

He was in Nadal's half of the draw....so can only meet Federer in the final.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Rob S said:

Although chances are he will have to beat them both to win... which regardless of arrogance, nationality or whether you hate them you have to admit it will be a monumental task and worthy of credit IF he does it.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I hated Mcenroe the first year I became aware of him as a teenager - but actually once he was a tiny bit older and slightly more mellow I came to appreciate him - he wasn't boring, mixed up his shots etc - the same could be true of Murray hopefully?

montage

God Almighty
Wigsie said:
Although chances are he will have to beat them both to win... which regardless of arrogance, nationality or whether you hate them you have to admit it will be a monumental task and worthy of credit IF he does it.

£10 says he won't have to beat Nadal.

You on? :smile:

yello

Rob S said:

That's good then. I like Federer - seems a real gentlemen; a no fuss or histrionics player of great talent. But I doubt I'd watch the final regardless of who was in it!

OP
OP
karen.488walker

karen.488walker

Rob S said:
He was asked by Des Kelly if he'd be supporting Scotland in the 2006 World Cup....he said he'd be supporting anyone but England in the same tongue in cheek way. The press built a stupid story round that including that he bought a Paraguay shirt (which he and Tim said was false). He doesn't hate the English....his girlfriend is English.

His interview on Radio 5 was very interesting and he admits that he learnt a lot from those early days about what he can say to the press and how he didn't like doing interviews when he started out.

Now if you don't mind I'll hold your opening silly comment against you for the next three years, you silly ignorant b#tch.:smile:

Am married to a scot. Previously I was an innocent english maid who thought that all was equal in the UK, I have since learnt differently. Obv being married to me the scots I know are not hateful towards individual english people but as a race they are not cracked on us either, if they do not want england to win and see it as the UK I canno' get behind scotland either. Love Scotland and a scotsman, but A. murray should not rely on our support and wouldn't even want it if he could get away without it. Be real. He's using you.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
karen.488walker said:
Am married to a scot. Previously I was an innocent english maid who thought that all was equal in the UK, I have since learnt differently. Obv being married to me the scots I know are not hateful towards individual english people but as a race they are not cracked on us either, if they do not want england to win and see it as the UK I canno' get behind scotland either. Love Scotland and a scotsman, but A. murray should not rely on our support and wouldn't even want it if he could get away without it. Be real. He's using you.

He may have more success relying on his talent, Henman did that and all he got was a hill, and its too big to go on his mantle piece!

Top Bottom