I Do Enjoy a Nice Number One in the Morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Location
Yorkshire
Just catching up with this thread and the talk of Bowie had me looking up where my favorite song of his charted 18 for the Young Americans, a fine single from a fine album of the same name deserved better.
 

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Toto's Hold the line was an excellent song I thought. Only got to 14 though. Jefferson Starship's Jane only got to 21. Both great songs. My absolute top songs never got to be singles though.
 

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Indeed it is, Steve Lukather always slightly underestimated in the line up of greats I think. Africa was a bit of a drag I agree.
 
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Location
The Urban Fringe
What a set of old hippies you lot are next you will be raving about “ Don’t fear the reaper” Blue Oyster Cult.😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

That's one of my 15 YO daughters favourite songs!

Indeed it is, Steve Lukather always slightly underestimated in the line up of greats I think. Africa was a bit of a drag I agree.

You are my father!
 

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Location
Hexleybeef
Just reading about Gimme Shelter by the Rolling Stones.
Often cited as their greatest song, it was never released as a single in UK or USA.
How times have changed. A song that good would be marketed to death.
 
Top Bottom