I do. I reckon you should. Do you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I would, but they don't want my blood because I lived in Africa. Trypanosomiasis I believe, much like chagas disease. Am a registered organ donor though (and apparently also because I don't wear a helmet on the bike). *rolls eyes*.

medals

I gave blood about a month ago and rode home! ;)
For two weeks I couldn't go 100%, cycling, running or badminton. But now I feel back to normal fitness again. :smile:

I couldn't give for ages and had to get the Malaria Antibodies Test done (after picking something up in Central E Africa years ago). They've not allowed me to donate at other times because of my hazardous occupation (have to fit it in around work commitments) and have failed a few times on grounds of broken skin from sporting mishaps. But it is worth sticking with it and making that 3 times a year pledge.

I gave a pint in my lunch break today, and cycled home a few minutes slower than normal tonight, but enjoyed spinning a lower gear and to be honest, felt right as rain. I won all my commuter races too, although didn't see a road bike I sometimes take on - I think he uses that road for his recovery rides...

If you have fallen out of the habit, or never got into it in the first, I really urge you to do something about it.

Stig

semiax said:
I don't give blood cos i'm lazy.

same for me im afraid, although i may someday....

few years ago, a friend of mine went, and i didnt have the guts to, he was really scared, so i did him the favour of getting him very stoned just before he went, apparently his tests did some weird shoot, and the "nurse" said "thats weird, never seen that happen before"- but in the end, they took his blood, wonder if it helped with any pain anyone may have had if it did get used??

Top Bottom