I do like VANMOOF bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Following my recent trip to Amsterdam, I fell in love with the Vanmoof bikes parked up everywhere.

As a road bike cyclist (Giant Defy etc) I am not usually into town bikes, but these are just so god dam(n) [sic] cool I want one for my commute.

Didn't realise the S3's are electric. Not much on ebay, one or two non electric ones which would be fine, and the rest are £1500+

We will see...

van.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
They do look unique don't they. Quite cool.
See a good few in and about London on the commute.

T4tomo

Guru
A work colleague has one, the electric version. Its a very nice piece of kit for a commuter / around town type of bike. some pretty innovative features too.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I saw one at my local station the other week. Got chatting and they are certainly an interesting machine I thought. Wouldn't want one as I like a do it all full on tourer but a great bike nonetheless.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I love the look of Van Moof bikes. I wish I had had one.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I was looking at getting one on the Cycle to Work scheme until I tried one out - I just couldn't get on with the automatic gearbox as it didn't suit my riding style. Other than that it was a great bike, very comfortable on the big tyres.

CXRAndy

Guru
My daughter wants one. I told her it's form over function. There are much better bikes out there. I do agree they look very tidy, but lack reliability, torque for steep hills and a too clever auto shift.

I steered her to look at Reisse Muller bikes for quality. The Homage caught her eye - boy it's expensive with extras added too.

I then showed her my ebike from China, similar style to the Homage, more torque, full suspension, same headlight , and not proprietary equipment. Also way less than half the cost of the Homage including two 840Wh batteries

Top Bottom