I don't know how this happened!

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Pat "5mph", 15 Jul 2012.

1. Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph" A kilogrammicaly challenged woman Moderator

I had a BSO, maybe saw the light of day six times a year.
    I decided to commute to work by bike, LBS sold me a Boris bike, because he said BSO was on his way to self disintegration.
    True enough, a few months later BSO disintegrated, but Boris is perfect for the commute.
    Fast forward another few months, I feel the need to give Boris a rest, in case he gets overworked, decides to go on strike.
    My LBS says, why do you want another, when you got Boris?
    A bit of flea market watching here and there, Boris remain an only child.
    Eventually I get myself to another LBS, adopt a sibling for Boris, all is well, Speedy (Gonzales) joins the fold, a bit of tinkering, both work like clockwork, I ride everywhere on my daily business: what more can a girl ask for?
    BSO is taken apart, new bits bought, one day it will live again!
    But wait: what's this email in my inbox saying? An item (..) has been re-listed ... near you, wanna see it?
    'cmon, it's so cheap you can use it as spare parts ...
    Turns out that Maurine (oh, she's cheap, £ 35.00) needs nothing but a good wash and a lube: her chunky tyres are just the job for that trail up the road I'm planning to explore.
    So, how did that happen?
    Not even a year ago I had to ask how to use my gears, yesterday I tighten up my brakes in a flash, today I own 3 bikes + a project.
    I blame the weather: before the climate change I would have spent all my spare time in the garden.:huh:

2. Sandra6

Sandra6 Veteran

When I grow up I wanna be you :smooch:
    What a difference a bike makes eh?!

Pat "5mph" likes this.
  3. bellevueace

bellevueace Regular

At least the weathers had some positive effect for you

Pat "5mph" likes this.
  4. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

As an Irish comedian used to say, "It's the way you tell 'em" :biggrin:

Pat "5mph" likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice