I find this outrageous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Sorry but a serious question, if your household is 8 people, mum, dad, 2x grandparents & 4 ankle biters, is there dispensation?
It's people you don't live with. So I think that would be fine, but if you were to invite just one person round for tea that wouldn't be fine. But if your household was two people, you could invite four.

IANAL

D

Deleted member 26715

It's people you don't live with. So I think that would be fine, but if you were to invite just one person round for tea that wouldn't be fine. But if your household was two people, you could invite four.
There are 3 of us in our house, our daughters family is 4 people, we were all due to go away on holiday together on the 17th, we now have to draw straws to who gets left behind, hopefully not one of the 2 under 10's not sure they could look after themselves for a full week, but on a good note we'll have somebody to look after the cat.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
And now I hear that the Track and Trace app is going to be mandatory. Take up is low, and if it doesn't improve then phone companies will have to include it in an update, and you won't be able to uninstall it.

Guess what will happen after this is all over? Yup, the app will stay compulsory meaning the Police State will he able to monitor all of us 24 hours a day, every day.

All to protect the National Virus Service. And what has Parliament done about it? Nothing, because our MPs are not allowed to debate the matter. Laws have simply been imposed on us by "Government Scientists"
Are they going to supply new phones to those who cannot currently download or have no phone.
I read somewhere that the Scottish Government are to supply free basic tablets and free tuition to OAP's who are not on line and cannot afford to get one themselves or have no idea how to work one anyway.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Are they going to supply new phones to those who cannot currently download or have no phone.

No, because Darius made that up. (The giveaway was where he said "I hear that"... this often implies that what follows is complete and utter b0llocks).
I'd not pay too much heed to someone who's repeatedly ranting that we live in a police state, despite him being pulled up on that and offered all of the evidence to the contrary.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Mrs B and I went out for breakfast yesterday after an early morning walk and the place we went to refused admission unless you each had either a loyalty card, (details from which they would use to trace customers should they have to), or you had previously downloaded the COVID app and the staff saw you scan the QR code at the entrance.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
P
No, because Darius made that up. (The giveaway was where he said "I hear that"... this often implies that what follows is complete and utter b0llocks).
I'd not pay too much heed to someone who's repeatedly ranting that we live in a police state, despite him being pulled up on that and offered all of the evidence to the contrary.
I never believe anything any way if heard only once but recently saw a cartoon on Twitter where you just put anything in on your smartphone and press a button and it becomes true.

classic33

Leg End Member
There are 3 of us in our house, our daughters family is 4 people, we were all due to go away on holiday together on the 17th, we now have to draw straws to who gets left behind, hopefully not one of the 2 under 10's not sure they could look after themselves for a full week, but on a good note we'll have somebody to look after the cat.
I thought under 11's didn't count in household numbers.

D

Deleted member 26715

TBH I have no idea & even searching gov.co.uk doesn't enlighten me any futher

classic33

Leg End Member
Part 3.3

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...g-public-places-and-taking-part-in-activities

Worded as "should not". Leave a minor behind by themselves and get for doing that instead.

Under 11's Wales, under 12's Scotland.
No age restriction in England, kids count.

From having read the above.

I don't think they had to dislike them to dob them in, they had to meet there quota. Plus once they were dobbed in they had to dob in other people or face jail.
Anyway I don't see anything wrong in dobbing in the ex out of spite. Revenge is sweet!

That happened too. There were cases where people refused, even after being threatened with no university place/promotion/loss of job/problems for their family, then were told that there was another informer in the group who would inform on them if they didn't start reporting: it got very nasty.

The fact remains that some people "used" the system to denounce fellow citizens for personal reasons

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
At risk of being seen as a killjoy again I'm afraid it is time to bring this one to a close.

In the absence of any links to a reputable source for the claim in the OP (and a couple of other claims in the thread) I think that we can take this as a rumour and nothing more. We don't even know if the original claim is referring to the UK or France.

As I've stated before, the internet is full of shoot and we really don't want CycleChat full of misinformation. News from reputable sources only please (Facebook, Twitter and Youtube don't count as reputable sources unless backed up by trustworthy sites) and if we could keep this kind of discussion in the News section where it belongs that would be great.:okay:

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom