I find this outrageous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Thread drift.
Where was this rally due to be accy?
I was in clitheroe when it was on last year and have a vague memory that some folks said it would most likely not be held there in the future.
Also, do you or the mutt have a scooter?
I don't know about the venue changing. I was talking to a scooterist the other week about it being cancelled. He said it wasn't cancelled as such as due to the lockdown back in March it hadn't been organised then with it being over 6 months off the date. He told me that him and his scooter club still have Sunday ride outs. When you say it would most likely not be held there in the future. Do you mean held in the Ribble Valley but not Clitheroe,or out of the Ribble Valley altogether?
As for me and mutt having a scooter or having scooters,no we don't.:rolleyes: I had one way back in 1979/80,but not since. Though at last years rally i saw a dog in a sidecar attached to a Lambretta.:okay:

I don't know about the venue changing. I was talking to a scooterist the other week about it being cancelled. He said it wasn't cancelled as such as due to the lockdown back in March it hadn't been organised then with it being over 6 months off the date. He told me that him and his scooter club still have Sunday ride outs. When you say it would most likely not be held there in the future. Do you mean held in the Ribble Valley but not Clitheroe,or out of the Ribble Valley altogether?
As for me and mutt having a scooter or having scooters,no we don't.:rolleyes: I had one way back in 1979/80,but not since. Though at last years rally i saw a dog in a sidecar attached to a Lambretta.:okay:
I had the idea it wasn't going to be in clitheroe - can't remember why - concerns from council/it getting too big? Very welcome in clitheroe as far as I was concerned but gawd knows why they selected it in the first place. I had two scooters - both Vespas - crashed the last one into the front of a car and that was the end of my scooter career. Luckily no dog on board.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I wonder if the German population had these discussions in the thirties but just let it happen before their eyes before realising they could no longer have a choice.

Badger_Boom

Über Member
I wonder if the German population had these discussions in the thirties but just let it happen before their eyes before realising they could no longer have a choice.
I always put it down to people being dim enough to think that they are ‘us’ rather than ‘them’ and it being too late when the penny drops.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
That's the thing though isn't it? It becomes 'real' as the conversation progresses wether it ever was actual or not.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
The Stasi and Gestapo used people's greed and fear to get the job done, we have the Murdoch empire as a mouthpiece.

DRM

Guru
Maybe not for that,but if i foolishly open the door and they get a whiff of my cannabis farm can they demand entry?:unsure:

I'd also like like to take you to task Mr D about your comment(post 36)regarding posters on here posting pictures of their pets! :headshake:Here's my mutt wearing his mod parka,in anticipation of wearing it at the Ribble Valley mod/scooter weekender this weekend,which due to the virus had to be cancelled. You can't begin to imagine how upset he was when i broke the news to him!:sad:

View attachment 549301

View attachment 549310

:whistle: ;)
Put him a Jam album on the stereo to make it up to him

DRM

Guru
The Stasi and Gestapo used people's greed and fear to get the job done, we have the Murdoch empire as a mouthpiece.
The Stasi deliberately recruited knarks who were too frightened not to spy on neighbours, friends and family, usually by having something on the person they recruited

Drago

Legendary Member
Love them or hate them, you can't deny that the Stasi got things done.

No faffing about with fines or the like on the Isle of Man. No siree, break the rules there and you go to prison for 6 weeks, doesn't matter who you are or the excuse, no arguments. So far the island remains C19 free.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-53868709

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-53814795

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...d-isle-of-man-breaking-covid-quarantine-rules

Perhaps the students that are bleating about being confined to their rooms could try visting there and see how they get on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom