I find this outrageous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
I'm not sure about this it maybe a rumour that's based on an old story to make it look legit a ploy often used in conspiracy theories.
Jack Straw once had plan about paying others to report neighbours for small low level stuff. Like selling the odd thing on the side once in a while. The last one i know they tried it on was something about government had passed a law to take DNA from covid tests. Which was based on a never used and since removed law allowing DNA to be taken from unproven terror suspects.

Drago

Legendary Member
Heard that too. 50 quid reward for every fine levied.
Sounds a nice little earner. See, the public are hypocrites - they moan about rising unemployment and the lack of jobs due to C-19, but give them a chance to earn a few easy quid working from home and they moan about that too.

Some time back, the French introduced a law that said you had to have two self-test breathalisers with you when driving. Allegedly they would stop drivers as they left the ferry, and ask to see the kits, and then get them to use one to show they were not over the limit, then fine them for only having the one breathaliser with them.

The same could apply with the Covid Marshalls if they want to come in and check if there are only six of you. "Ah, but there's seven now I'm here"

Divide & rule. Us & them. This has the stink of the Cummings about it. Most depressing of all, bet it works.
Sorry don't understand that. Are those who report people who break the law the "them"? and are the "us" being those who are reported on?
And do those reporting belong to different political party to those being reported?

In the same vein are "them" the rich upper class and "us" the working class?
You do know the two classes don't live nextdoor to each other?

Last edited:
I see the possibility of blackmail here. Neighbor is having a children's party tomorrow. "Cake or I report you". At least 5 children and 4 adults. Decisions, decisions. £50 or cake. Not an obvious decision. If I demand "cake or I bubble you" and she tells me where to go, she will know it was me who bubbled her. Then the dog will not get her morning treats which means I have to give her more food which may cost me more in the long run.
I need to do the calculation when I get back from the pub

Last edited:

Mattk50

MattK50
Did the new york 'broken windows' policy work? Just reporting all misdemeanours however small. Actually I quite like the thread title, it sounds like an invitation to vent any random middle aged rage to let off some steam!

Sounds a nice little earner. See, the public are hypocrites - they moan about rising unemployment and the lack of jobs due to C-19, but give them a chance to earn a few easy quid working from home and they moan about that too.

Do you get bonus £50s for reporting each police visit as the numbers would be being exceeded?

dodgy

Some time back, the French introduced a law that said you had to have two self-test breathalisers with you when driving. Allegedly they would stop drivers as they left the ferry, and ask to see the kits, and then get them to use one to show they were not over the limit, then fine them for only having the one breathaliser with them.

The same could apply with the Covid Marshalls if they want to come in and check if there are only six of you. "Ah, but there's seven now I'm here"

Allegedly. It never happened.

dodgy

This is the world we are in now, busy bodies posting dashcam footage on faceboast, people seem to take pleasure in dropping others in it.

But people breaking the rules has a direct impact on you, your family and possibly your pension. I'm not sure what's worse, people breaking the rules or someone having the need to dream up this incentivisation scheme.

Drago

Legendary Member
Just don't answer the door when the Feds visit. Theyve no power of entry for this, so when you get the knock simply close the curtains and turn the music up.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it

That law never came into force as it was found that the minister who wanted it was a director of the firm manufacturing the breathalisers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom