I find this outrageous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
How do you know? I thought you weren't on Facebook?
Mrs D is on Faecesbook and takes great delight in drawing my attention to the inane drivel.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
We live in a Police State

Erm, no. No we don't. You have free speech, you can vote, you can protest, you can largely do whatever the mood takes you so long as it's not criminal... you could walk around your town naked if you wanted, stating loudly that the Prime Minister is a crook, and you'd be free to do that.
How dare you postulate that you live in a police state.

We have no appeal and we are automatically guilty.

Yes you do. And no, you're not.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Just don't answer the door when the Feds visit. Theyve no power of entry for this, so when you get the knock simply close the curtains and turn the music up.
Maybe not for that,but if i foolishly open the door and they get a whiff of my cannabis farm can they demand entry?:unsure:

I'd also like like to take you to task Mr D about your comment(post 36)regarding posters on here posting pictures of their pets! :headshake:Here's my mutt wearing his mod parka,in anticipation of wearing it at the Ribble Valley mod/scooter weekender this weekend,which due to the virus had to be cancelled. You can't begin to imagine how upset he was when i broke the news to him!:sad:

1601160992322.png

1601164749074.png

:whistle: ;)

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
It sounds like nonesense.

But the rules they are putting in place are there to try and save peoples lives. Why would the public object to help in stopping the spread of the virus. Maybe its the money incentive they find so distasteful. 🙄

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I was disgusted to read the headlines on one of the gutter rags recently; out esteemed leader proclaiming that "we'll get through thanks to our solidarity" or similar - that same solidarity his party as been intent on systematically destroying through years of divide-and-conquor techniques..? Absolute scumbag.

The more I look the more it disgusts me that whatever the government are selling is usually the direct opposite of it's intended / actual actions. It's also extremely concerning that everything is seized upon as an excuse to consolidate governmental control and surveillance; they've been pushing for facial recognition for years and have thankfully always been slapped down - now they're trying to bring it in off the back of "Corona passports"; and of course there's also the push towards cashless being capitalised on through (I believe largely unfounded) fears of handling cash.

It seems that any situation is seen by our overlords primarily as an opportunity to tighten the noose around the neck of the citizens they're charged with protecting :angry:

Maybe not for that,but if i foolishly open the door and they get a whiff of my cannabis farm can they demand entry?:unsure:

I'd also like like to take you to task Mr D about your comment(post 36)regarding posters on here posting pictures of their pets! :headshake:Here's my mutt wearing his mod parka,in anticipation of wearing it at the Ribble Valley mod/scooter weekender this weekend,which due to the virus had to be cancelled. You can't begin to imagine how upset he was when i broke the news to him!:sad:

View attachment 549301

View attachment 549310

Thread drift.
Where was this rally due to be accy?
I was in clitheroe when it was on last year and have a vague memory that some folks said it would most likely not be held there in the future.
Also, do you or the mutt have a scooter?

Drago

Legendary Member
It sounds like nonesense.

But the rules they are putting in place are there to try and save peoples lives. Why would the public object to help in stopping the spread of the virus. Maybe its the money incentive they find so distasteful. 🙄
I suspect its just sour grapes because his neighbours are behaving so he cant claim his 50 quid grass money.

Even if this cash reeard scenario were the case - when it isn't - no one objects to crime stoppers cash reeards and the like, so why should any other category of crime be viewed any differently, particularly as this is the most serious public health emergency in a century and people are dying from this illness?

If 50 quid cash bungs were helping the police punish the selfish and stupid, but also to save lives, then it wouldn't worry me one iota.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I suspect its just sour grapes because his neighbours are behaving so he cant claim his 50 quid grass money.

Even if this cash reeard scenario were the case - when it isn't - no one objects to crime stoppers cash reeards and the like, so why should any other category of crime be viewed any differently, particularly as this is the most serious public health emergency in a century and people are dying from this illness?

If 50 quid cash bungs were helping the police punish the selfish and stupid, but also to save lives, then it wouldn't worry me one iota.
I want a job where I can get £50 a time for reporting mobile phone users who are driving. I would love it and would only work until lunchtime 3 days a week. 😁

winjim

Smash the cistern

I think if it was true, which it isn't, then I would rather see the money properly invested in the police service and judicial system, which I gather is struggling somewhat from public sector cuts, which can't be helping enforcement.

postman

Legendary Member

View attachment 549301

View attachment 549310

Was he barking mad.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Erm, no. No we don't. You have free speech, you can vote, you can protest, you can largely do whatever the mood takes you so long as it's not criminal... you could walk around your town naked if you wanted, stating loudly that the Prime Minister is a crook, and you'd be free to do that.
How dare you postulate that you live in a police state.

Yes you do. And no, you're not.

It's all very well justifying your argument with facts .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom