I find this outrageous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
But people breaking the rules has a direct impact on you, your family and possibly your pension. I'm not sure what's worse, people breaking the rules or someone having the need to dream up this incentivisation scheme.

But on occasion, we all break the rules, the idea that everyone is an off duty Policeman ready to photograph and film every minor mistermeanor and then sentence you by social media is a really depressing one.

dodgy

But on occasion, we all break the rules, the idea that everyone is an off duty Policeman ready to photograph and film every minor mistermeanor and then sentence you by social media is a really depressing one.

Understood. But it's the impact of the rule breaking that is off the scale. It's literally destroying businesses, lives, the economy and probably going to have a further mental health impact for decades to come for an unfortunate few. This isn't telling teacher because someone dropped a crisp packet.

When you scale it against the impact, I couldn't give a stuff if someone gets dobbed in for having a party in their house. Fortunately I'll not be in the position of picking up the phone (I doubt I could do it anyway), my neighbours are mostly elderly and they're sticking to the rules (as are we).

Gunk

Guru
Understood. But it's the impact of the rule breaking that is off the scale. It's literally destroying businesses, lives, the economy and probably going to have a further mental health impact for decades to come for an unfortunate few. This isn't telling teacher because someone dropped a crisp packet.

When you scale it against the impact, I couldn't give a stuff if someone gets dobbed in for having a party in their house. Fortunately I'll not be in the position of picking up the phone (I doubt I could do it anyway), my neighbours are mostly elderly and they're sticking to the rules (as are we).

I agree, but as a society we need to be kind and decent, not take pleasure in posting a video of a pensioner going up a one way street the wrong way.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Can we have some evidence to support the initial comment, otherwise this site is no better than fake news and Facebook rumours.

I read it as an urban myth.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54142699

Kit Malthouse, the policing minister, has already suggested that the British public should report their neighbours to the police if they host gatherings of more than six people. But said first-time offenders found to have breached the "rule of six" restrictions should not be fined.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...reach-self-isolation-rules-says-matt-hancock/
Which is very different to being paid £50 for doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom