I get made fun of for wearing a helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jack smith

Veteran
When have i ever mentioned walking? This is a cycling forum and i am discussing cycling. ive said everyone can choose what they do .i never called people who dont wear one stupid either, i think you need to re read my post. ive backed up the op on his decision to wear a helmet with the simple advice that he is better off wearing one if he is in an accident. You have your views i have mine.

MarkF

Guru
i never called people who dont wear one stupid either, i think you need to re read my post.

So if a helmet reduces the risk of a more serious injury when you fall i know what id rather have.
anyone that says a helmet dosent reduce the risk of injury is one of two things
A.stupid
B.stupid

^_^

jack smith

Veteran
Btw we are discussing cycling here and cycle helmets... If people wish to wear a helmet while walking that is fine also. Anyone bringing up walking to me seems to just want an argument :laugh:

MarkF

Guru
Anyone who says it Dosent reduce chances of injury;) I never said anyone who Dosent wear a helmet is an idiot... Read it properly.

I did. So somebody choosing not to wear one, having weighed up the pro's and cons, and believing a helmet does not reduce the chance of injury is not stupid? Or, is stupid?

A.stupid
B.stupid

When have i ever mentioned walking? This is a cycling forum and i am discussing cycling. ive said everyone can choose what they do .i never called people who dont wear one stupid either, i think you need to re read my post. ive backed up the op on his decision to wear a helmet with the simple advice that he is better off wearing one if he is in an accident. You have your views i have mine.

Actually you did not mention cycling or walking...

As there are more hospital admissions from head injuries from climbing stairs than cycling, and some 5 - 8 times as many pedestrian head injuries, I had assumed that you were talking generally

Wearing a helmet reduces the chance of head injury in certain situations, if you hit your head off the road in certain instances a helmet will prevent a gash to the head ect, when not wearing one wouldnt this isnt going into high speed colisions btw. Think about it would you rather your bare head hit the ground or a helmet... So if a helmet reduces the risk of a more serious injury when you fall i know what id rather have.
A.stupid
B.stupid

Of course I realise now that the vast majority of head injuries do not hurt, do not incapacitate or cause any problems whatsoever, and that whilst walking:

Anyone that says a helmet dosen't reduce the risk of injury is one of two things

A.stupid Very intelligent
B.stupid Very intelligent

However once you get on a bike the same injury suddenly becomes worth preventing and the same person making the same rational decision on the same evidence becomes:

A Stupid
B. Stupid

Please explain why in an identical incident causing an identical injury preventing it by wearing a helmet is a good thing for one person but unnecessary for the other?

Mr Foldy

Be content that you are smarter and fitter than the morons. You will prosper while they end up in McJobs. That's cycling for you!
And I can't think of a witty helmet defending comeback!

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Incoming.jpg

Disappointed that it took 4 pages to get going, this place is slipping!

Edit: and it's moved :laugh:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
We were hoping it could stay about people picking on the wearer and their response to it, but it seems mention the word helmet and threads always end up getting sent down here to the dungeons :sad:

@heavens - Don't worry about what others think, do what you want to do for yourself (yes that's much easier to say than do I accept). With the helmet, I'd suggest you research what they can or can't do, and decide whether to wear one or not. However, don't be bullied into removing it if you don't want to by others. As long as you are happy with your decision, then you'll be fine and they can just get lost :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom