I get made fun of for wearing a helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

heavens

I'm only fifteen - and the main time I use my bicycle is the commute to school. I cycle on the roads and on the path during my commute, I understand it's not a legal requirement, but I feel more comfortable wearing a helmet and I feel more like a cyclist. I'm one of the very few people seen wearing a helmet - I wouldn't be surprised if I was the only one in my year - I've had people smacking me on the head and calling me out on wearing a helmet. m.

For the most part, I ignore them - I think it would make an interesting thread where maybe we could generate some funny things to say back to them?

RWright

Guru
This is a little different. :popcorn:

OP
OP
heavens

heavens

Can you pimp your helmet up* a bit bro?**

*not sure I should be using that phrase to a minor
** I am fully conversant in current yoof speak innit ma homeslice! (I think....)
Haha - you're better at it than I am!

I had this. I was teased and bullied mercilessly when I ran a pub. One day the pub sign blew down and took my head clean off. Luckily my mate Unpredictable Andy was nearby and he saved my life by quickly transplanting a sheep's head onto my shoulders, he gave me a top hat and monocle so I wouldn't look silly, but when I opened the pub that evening the regulars laughed at me. THEY LAUGHED. Still, they're not laughing now. I baa'd them.

crazyjoe101

There's no way you'll stop it, they're just thickos.
Hopefully as you all "grow up" it'll die down. I used to go in with a camera on mine and just gave people a cheeky wink when they said anything - Mind you I was in yr13 as opposed to the lower school, and I wasn't exactly at a rough school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom