I go past this every morning. What the fook is it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
You mean one of these?

watertower.jpg

OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Well,

The local paper had this in it. It's a bit small, I scanned it at work. My scanner is still boxed up as I'm waiting until I've got the place fixed up before I unpack everything. I can sort of read it, it hurts a bit though.

WObsvr_objct.jpg

"it's simply a machine for taking aerial photos of the studio"

Bollocks. Why would you need a huge pineapple-shaped lampshade with blue spines sticking out of it to take aerial photographs? I'm not an expert but I suspect what you need is a camera, attached to an aeroplane.

So I'm still none the wiser.

OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I was flicking through a book about Leavesden Aerodrome in Waterstones at the weekend and I reckon the armoured vehicle was used in Goldeneye. What I need now is a portable scanner because I don't want to buy the book just to post the evidence here.

No further information regarding large pineapple

It is a giant plastic sea urchin by the look of it but what it was used for I don't know.

No idea about the Russian metal thingy, but the globe looks to me like an amusement ride accoutrement, and I’m sure I’ve seen one similar, but not sure where. Definitely a good few years, maybe 2 decades ago….

DRM

Guru
No idea about the Russian metal thingy, but the globe looks to me like an amusement ride accoutrement, and I’m sure I’ve seen one similar, but not sure where. Definitely a good few years, maybe 2 decades ago….
I think some one nailed it earlier, Soviet era 8 wheel BTR, armoured personnel carrier, as for the other thing it’s COVID-11, but it never took off as it made the victims eyes water as it infected them! :eek:

Top Bottom