I got accused of being an ecomentalist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LLB

Nipped into town to the chippy last night, and naturally took the bike in the shop as I didn't want to leave it for the chavs.
The owner took a liking to it whilst I was in there and said 'Doing your bit to save the planet I see?' - I did put him straight on that one ;)

Anyone else get these comments, and how do you respond ?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I steal one of their chips. ;)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
"Wait a minute, these mushy peas smell a bit funny..."

If it's not the green thing, it's the Tour de France quips, I find.

U

User482

I get this a lot when I cycle to meetings - I just tell 'em it's the cheapest, easiest and quickest way of getting around town. They never believe me, which is odd considering the chronic traffic congestion we have in Bristol.

Night Train

Maker of Things
The only comment I've had is arriving at theatre rehersals on the bike for the first time.
Someone said: 'Your bike?'

Have I got Bike thief tattooed on my forehead or sommat?;)

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
About 17 years ago a large group of us were sitting on a ferry coming back from France all togged up in the latest assorted team kit after a day ride over there. someone leans across from an other table and asks, "Are you lot cyclists?"

No, we're a fecking gay swingers club on our annual outing, you saucepan.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Aperitif said:
...you have a point...
A long pointy point like thing and I'm not afraid to use it!;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yeh, I get the green ones - but I just return that it's quicker than the car, keeps me fit, and saves me a fortune...... so not for 'green issues' - that's a by-product

OP
OP
L

LLB

Smokin Joe said:
About 17 years ago a large group of us were sitting on a ferry coming back from France all togged up in the latest assorted team kit after a day ride over there. someone leans across from an other table and asks, "Are you lot cyclists?"

No, we're a fecking gay swingers club on our annual outing, you saucepan.

He'd have probably believed you if in lycra ;)

Top Bottom