I got an Oadrat!:D

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Ta Daaaaaaaaaaaa!

Oadrat.jpg

I had been told recently that I was riding a frame size or two small and looked into getting a bigger frame to build on with parts from my two existing steeds, a Decathlon Sport 1 and a Trek 800 MTB.

So here IT is!:wahhey:

Sadly the front mech obscures the 'R' so now it appears I'm riding an 'Oadrat'. :biggrin:

Wheels, drive train, mechs & saddle are from the Decathlon road bike while the bars & brakes are from the Clarty Hack MTB.

Just took it for a spin and it is frighteningly light and fast, all the more for finally having the right frame and in the right size.

Just need to tweak the indexing, I'm only getting 18 of 21 gears, the back brake needs to be changed to 'yoke' rather than 'link' center pull (for a bit more responsive/immediate 'grab', essential in urban traffic I find)and I should drop the stem by a spacer but all things considered it will be near perfect once this is done.:biggrin::biggrin:

Next is to save and upgrade a bit at a time, wheels next, until it finally morphs into a touring roadie with drops and sti levers.

My creation is ALIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Bwah, Hahahahahahahaha:biggrin:

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
It's the large long frame and I stand a 'near' lofty 6' 2".:wahhey:

I had a 'built of bits' bike in my 20's which was always based on a old steel 'garden gate' frame of unknown origin. Over several years it was built up and upgraded until it was my 'do anything/everything' bike.
It was stolen back in the 90's and I've mourned it's passing ever since.

The Rat is a return to that form!:biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Some more pics please !

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
RedBike said:
I'm seriously looking at this bike. I really fancy a disc braked roadie / cx bike.

Got to say after a year of dribbling and reading reviews I'm not disappointed.
When I get a chance I'll do a full write up in the review section.:sad:

Top Bottom