I got an Oadrat!:D

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
It's very light RedBike, in fact it's lighter than the Decathlon road bike, the most weight is from the Li-on battery packs for the lights.:biggrin:

If I lightened it of lights it would be much lighter!;)

Love the hybrid btw! Bung those bits together!:biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
'Tis a corker Mr T :biggrin:

Looking at your Ay Ups, yours sit in front of the bars, can you still get the cable in and out easily? Is there a bolt on the top of the stem stopping you mounting them mounting them on top?

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
;)
The Ay-Ups are like that for a couple of reasons;
I haven't put the rubber strips on the bars yet and they've slipped down a bit and I'm not that keen on how they look mounted on the top of the bars.
For some reason they make the bike look like the robot in the film 'Short Circuit'.:biggrin:

That being said, when I first got them I had them mounted on the top(the mounting is just tall enough to fit over the top bolt btw)but with the height of my bars I was finding the splash from the lamps was reflecting back from cars rear view mirrors so rather than point them down I just lowered the mounting.

In this position the lamps are turned so the socket points almost straight up.

col

Legendary Member
Very nice looking bike, looks quick too, what are those lights? rechargables?

Just realised they are, dear do those are they?

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
'Tis a quick & nimble beast that's for sure.
Still not quite used to how light it is.:biggrin:
This is the most comfortable I have been on a bike in ages(mostly due to having the right size frame for my height for once), the frame is disarmingly rigid while front end is super responsive.:biggrin:

Just for the record the front lights are Ay-Up single lamp 'Roadie' kit and the rear is the DiOnette 140L rear lamp or mobile disco.:ohmy:

You will know me by my lights!:ohmy:
(Ianrauk saw me coming from 400 yards, in traffic and in daylight.;))

betty swollocks

large member
Love your Oadrat.
Here's mine done up as a fixie. Single Hope mono disc at the front.
It's one year old now: thousands and thousands of miles. New chain, chainring and sprocket only. Love it!!

295sm6f.jpg

OP
OP
tdr1nka

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Cheers Betty!
Yours looks damn fine too, goes to show what a versatile frame it is.:sad:

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Well I am sold on the Oadrat, lovely responsive bike, just hope I can get one someday in a brighter colour, I like bright coloured bikes.
Will they spray it for me in the factory?

These Photos don't do them justice at all!

Top Bottom