I had great pleasure...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

..in snapping (breaking) all the spokes on my wheel ready for my new wheels - hubs being built on new rims... due to the trouble they've gave me (never ever buy or acquire a pair of raleigh 'handbuilt' wheels :rolleyes:)

And eventually the rims (mavic opensport) I took off ~ to be built on any hubs I can find cheap...

Are higher end hubs compared to Tiagra - lighter :biggrin:

Keith Oates

Janner
I think the top end ones will be lighter Yenners, but the costs will almost certainly be greater in proportion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

girofan

Yep, yenners, Raleigh wheels are the worst built in the world IMO. Had a pair with a Carlton I bought years ago, I couldn't take a corner without a spoke going PING!! :biggrin::angry::angry:

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

girofan said:
Yep, yenners, Raleigh wheels are the worst built in the world IMO. Had a pair with a Carlton I bought years ago, I couldn't take a corner without a spoke going PING!! :biggrin::angry::angry:

And the shopkeeper wonders why ive bought a pair of r500's and am using the hubs to build anew pair of BETTER wheels !

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have Tiagra hubs on my Audax bike and they have given me many years of trouble free riding. I have never had to adjust them after the initial set up.

Top Bottom