I hang my bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I would think the stresses the wheels come under during normal use are far beyond those exerted while dangling.

I could be wrong though.

PpPete

Legendary Member
I always used to hang my bikes by the front wheel.
When I visited another member of this forum I noticed that he hangs his by the rear wheel, on the basis that there is "less stress" on frame and forks that way. I can see his point, but don't know whether it is significant really.
I still hang steel bikes by the front wheel, but the ones with carbon forks now dangle from the rear wheel.

Which wheel do you hang yours by ?

Drago

Legendary Member
Front wheel, including my carbon forked bikes.

If your forks can't safely handle a few kilograms of hanging bike then you'll get a nasty surprise when you apply the front brake and the have to handle many kilograms of rider (110kg in my case) through the same plane.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I always used to hang my bikes by the front wheel.
When I visited another member of this forum I noticed that he hangs his by the rear wheel, on the basis that there is "less stress" on frame and forks that way. I can see his point, but don't know whether it is significant really.
I still hang steel bikes by the front wheel, but the ones with carbon forks now dangle from the rear wheel.

Which wheel do you hang yours by ?
Rear wheel, I find they just hang better like that.

djb1971

Legendary Member
I hang my bikes all in a row front/rear/front/rear. This stops all of the bars banging each other and they can be spaced more closely.

I've never had a problem hanging carbon or suspension forks. They're getting less stress hanging than my fat ass sat on them!

The only problem I've heard of is oil leaking from old/worn suspension seals but I've never experienced it.

Top Bottom