I hate head winds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I can deal with headwinds, I need the extra training! What really gets me are strong side winds i've been blown into the road a few too many times to be comfortable with those!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Nothing left in my locker this morning. 6.5 miles in a strong head wind is not fun. Even kept the crowds away at the Excel (Britains got talent auditions). Monday there was a huge queue.

Looking forward to the cycle home mind. Just need to fit a sail on the bike.

Yes, I was heading into town along CS3 this morning and I can confirm, that after a night shift, it was hard work. Still, I only had a headwind for half the journey - because the Greenwich foot tunnel is OS for night workers, and I have no intention to ever cycle the Rotherhithe Tunnel, it means a trip upstream to Tower Bridge and then a trip downstream to get very close to where I was 45 minutes earlier. Oh well, that's traffic infrastructure for cyclists!

I hope this afternoon's wind has worn itself out a bit by now, though.

jonathanw

Chorlton and the Wheelies
I'm jealous

My route had more than fresh 6-8" snow over hard packed snow/ ice this morning. Had the gear on, but had to admit defeat and take the car. Car journey was very scary.

More snow falling tonight!!!

Have had to go running the last 3 nights....cold, wet and miserable.

Roll on spring

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yes, I was heading into town along CS3 this morning and I can confirm, that after a night shift, it was hard work. Still, I only had a headwind for half the journey - because the Greenwich foot tunnel is OS for night workers, and I have no intention to ever cycle the Rotherhithe Tunnel, it means a trip upstream to Tower Bridge and then a trip downstream to get very close to where I was 45 minutes earlier. Oh well, that's traffic infrastructure for cyclists!

I hope this afternoon's wind has worn itself out a bit by now, though.

Hang on, you is in London - doesn't even come up as windy on the met office stuff. Just breezy. Oop north, it's normal.

bicyclos

Part time Anorak
Got caught in one of the showers going to work today, hailstones and gusty headwind dont mix. I think I swore every pedal stroke. It was dry tonight coming home but with a strong headwind! I don't usually commute in crap weather but I had no choice today and tomorrow will be the same choice.

Schneil

Veteran
In true Murphy's law the return tail wind had died down - wasn't the speed boost it would have been this morning.
Hiya Fossy, at 7:45pm the tailwind came back. I flew down Anson Road for once :smile:
Much better than my 30 degree lean, to try and stay in a straight line on the way in this morning.

Brommyboy

Über Member
Strongest headwind encountered was in Shetland, newly developed exposed road, 5 miles in one hour! Cross winds have less effect on small wheels!

Top Bottom