I hate laying carpets..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I worked in the carpet trade for quite a few years but never laid carpet, Its hard work.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
How are you fitting it? Perimeter stick down, fully stuck, on gripper with underlay?
Is it woven or tufted? Are you using felt paper if on floor boards?

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
How are you fitting it? Perimeter stick down, fully stuck, on gripper with underlay?
It's 'proper' carpet, not foam backed, with AirTread underlay. I used the existing gripper rods and managed to not leave any bits of flesh on the barbs!!
I had to raise the door a bit to stop it dragging across the pile.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
but well worth me moaning about it!
Yep - gotta get the moans and groans in. Otherwise you'll get treated like a door mat that you laid incorrectly :laugh:

screenman

Legendary Member
I showed our carpet fitter stop he did not know but has used since, a multi tool with a fine blade is great for cutting a nice straight line in carpets.

irw

Quadricyclist

Is it just me that doesn't 'stick' carpets down, either with grippers or whatever? I cut them such that the edges slot neatly under the skirting, and have never had one go wandering...! What's the benefit to securing them? (other than across doorways, obviously)

Top Bottom