I Hate Neds

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by HLaB, 13 Dec 2007.

1. Freewheeling down a hill tonight I got overtaken by a Moped, no problem there they gave me plenty of room a second later I hear another moped behind and he thought it'd be funny to beeeeep, I heard him laughing after and given it was a 4 m wide lane I hardly think I was in their way. Hate to spoil their party but that probably the most stable I'm going to be and I heard him coming so it was no surprise. My only thought was damm my right foot is clipped in so I couldn't do a pretend panic kick ;).
    Does any body know any good comebacks for this situation?

2. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

A big fear wobble if you can do it safely, or an AirZound?

3. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

To simply ignore these prats is response enough. since I fitted mirrors to my bike I've found people less inclined to pull these kind of stunts.

T x

4. gambatte

gambatte Middle of the pack...

Freewheeling downhill?

Moped? Thought they were limited to 30mph?

Couldn't you have just sped up, rung your bell and overtaken him again? :tongue:;):smile:

Then do a speed wobble!;)

5. Maz

Maz Guru

I agree with t-drinka. Ignore them...or burst out into song at the top of your voice (On The National Express...)

6. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

Thats too spooky Maz, I was just playing that track on my iTunes!!

T x

7. Maz

Maz Guru

That is spooky!
    It's a great song.

8. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

You should have just burnt him off, then laughed !!!

9. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

You could try asking Jacomus-rides-Gen for some advice on using a rolled up news paper, that would see them off;)

10. A rolled-up magazine was used in The Bourne Supremacy, ITV2 last night, to fight-off an assailant with a knife, so perhaps Jaco has a point :smile:

11. Joe24

Joe24 More serious cyclist than Bonj

Airzound, give a big blast then laugh at the kid on the moped and shout,"You have a girls horn" The just power away from him.

Only thing with most of the mopeds is the kids de-restrict them, which means that it is classed as a motorbike i think, and that they cannot ride it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice