I hate taxis!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
I freely admit I'm stereotyping here ...

I have just this morning had an experience that was the last straw for me as regards my feelings towards taxis.

I woke up at 3am, couldn't sleep, sun started to rise at 4:15, so I thought, "Sod it! I'm going for a ride!" I went out and enjoyed roads with not one single car on them. Bliss. On the way back there were a few cars as it went past 5am. At 5:30am I was on the home straight, a dual carriageway, complete empty, not a single car on it, then as I approached a red light, I heard a car approaching rapidly from behind ... which came flying past me while braking for the traffic light, with about 2 inches to spare, despite the fact that he had two empty lanes to use, scared the bejesus out of me. I shouted "Oi!" and shook my fist, the tw@t wasn't half asleep, he knew exactly what he'd done because he gave me the middle finger. I tried to catch him up but the lights changed and off he went.

And the vehicle was .... a £$%££#ing taxi!!


Now that I'm still peeved at the wretched troglodyte, I feel minded to state exactly why I hate taxis ...

If you're a passenger and they're on a meter, they will often deliberately chose a circuitous route to get more money out of you. This is one reason why I will only use a taxi when in extremis.

When I'm driving the car, they seem to be downright aggressive - tailgating, deliberately closing gaps in traffic so I can't slot in, charging down the side of parked cars on the wrong side of the road, hardly ever give a wave of thanks when I hang back to let them through a tight spot, etc, etc ...

When I'm on the motorbike, they just drive at me and don't give a toss (well, they do when I refuse to move and just sit there, armour-plated and giving them the "Do you want me to rip your head off?" Look!)

When I'm on the bicycle, they actively try to kill me.

There. I feel better!
 

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Location
South London
Oh shame mate, that sucks! I have mucho sympathy.

I dunno if it makes you feel any better, but most of the taxis I encounter (proper black cab drivers), are pretty decent.
 

Tinuts

Wham Bam Helmet Cam
Location
London, UK.
Oh shame mate, that sucks! I have mucho sympathy.

I dunno if it makes you feel any better, but most of the taxis I encounter (proper black cab drivers), are pretty decent.


Things that good in South London? You must come to West London and experience the dark side then! I have two recent footage clips of knobhead black cab drivers behaving badly which I'll YT if I find the time. Personally, I always give them a healthy berth where possible.
 

GrasB

Legendary Member
Location
Nr Cambridge
I woke up at 3am, couldn't sleep, sun started to rise at 4:15, so I thought, "Sod it! I'm going for a ride!" I went out and enjoyed roads with not one single car on them. Bliss. On the way back there were a few cars as it went past 5am. At 5:30am I was on the home straight, a dual carriageway, complete empty, not a single car on it, then as I approached a red light, I heard a car approaching rapidly from behind ... which came flying past me while braking for the traffic light, with about 2 inches to spare, despite the fact that he had two empty lanes to use, scared the bejesus out of me. I shouted "Oi!" and shook my fist, the tw@t wasn't half asleep, he knew exactly what he'd done because he gave me the middle finger.
I sometimes get this on Elizabeth Way Bridge or a approaching the Chesterton Rd roundabout on my morning commute. Being how early I get in usually this road is almost completely traffic free & I'll be giving it some serious beans (which means 25-35mph depending on the wind) in the middle of the bus lane, yet a regular occurrence is that mini-cabs pass within inches of me. On the occasions I catch them up at Mitcham's Corner they always are really aggressive & say it was my fault because I was "in the middle of the road" despite there being a traffic free lane to their right, this of course doesn't matter to them :angry:...
 

Jezston

Legendary Member
Location
London
Continuing the generalisation and applying it to the East Midlands:

- 'Official' taxis round my commute - dark green in Nottingham, yellow in Derby - all really good. Considerate, patient ... and considering what they charge rather well renumerated I would imagine! Although the green ones in Nottingham aren't much good if you're a passenger - if you don't have a postcode for their gps they don't want to know. So much for 'the knowledge'.

- Minicabs - all horrendous, aggressive, impatient, inconsiderate c*nts. ALL OF THEM.
 

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Location
The middle bit
Don't remember ever seeing a black cab around but the minicabs are all pretty good. I suppose it helps that i see the same ones at the same time every day.
 
I was having a nice leisurely commute around Buckingham Palace towards Victoria the other week following a young lady on a Pashley. As we approached the lights near Buckingham Palace Mews a cabbie decided it would be fun to force the lady into the kerb. I had to make suitable arrangements as she braked harshly to avoid a tumble. The cabbie looked at me, I muttered summat under my breath and gave him a look to say 'was there really any need to do that?'.
Not enough fun for chummy though as he shouted 'f-k off, you ****!' as he sped away from the lights.
But only to the next set!
'Got a lot of mouth haven't we?' I said to Mr Cab. He didn't seem so bullish now.....'Yes, I have but it was you giving me loads of verbal and staring me out'.
'I don't think I did actually tosser, but I do think you owe that young girl an apology, and you should hope she hasn't taken your number....you know what you did-w(a)nker!'
Cue operation of left indicator and off down Bressington Gardens to get away from me.
Black taxis are still generally better than Addison Lee cnuts though.
 
Nearly had a head on with a Taxi that was on the wrong side of the road overtaking cyclists on a blind bend - what a fecking pillock... sped off so fast I couldn't get the plate... scared the bejasus outta me...:angry:
 
Top Bottom