I hate the rain... :o(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dudi

I've got all enthusiastic about training this year, decided to ride 25miles every morning to begin with. then once i'm up to speed add on a 1 hour turbo session in the evening.

I get up quite a bit earlier to give me time on the bike, and have a nice regular route planned out.

Got up the last 4 mornings... bloody raining... hard...
I'm still going to go out, but it doesn't half make me wish I wasn't.

Am I a wuss? should the rain make me think "aha, more of a challenge! bring it on!" or is it OK to hate the rain?

must hurry up and buy that turbo...

OP
OP
dudi

dudi

ohh.... 500 posts!
now it's 501!

My bike is sparkling. My perm is immaculate. My Hardy Aimes cycling vetements are perfectly pressed.
The rain is thrashing down and I now work in an 'icebox' environment where, to keep warm, I look at my 'hot' reflection in the mirror.:biggrin:
So today - South West trains will benefit from the princely sum of £14.80 - the fare has gone up a quid since the New Year.:biggrin:

Keith Oates

Janner
I don't like the rain really, although I usually keep up the commute regardless, but not being able to get the gear dry for the ride home is my biggest dislike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Aperitif said:
So today - South West trains will benefit from the princely sum of £14.80 - the fare has gone up a quid since the New Year.:biggrin:

*imagines 'Reggie 'Peritif' seeing rain and having a short, fruitless scuffle with velcro on overshoes before he resigns, doffs Bowler grabs 'griefcase' and runs for the train*:biggrin:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
as long as i've dressed for it, i don't mind the rain except, like uncle mort, when it's accompanied by a thunderous headwind. i've been hit by hailstones at a closing speed of approaching 50mph and they hurt!

25 miles every morning is very, very good. I generally challenge myself once each summer to do 25 morning and 25 evening for a week to prove I can still do it.

As for :rain:, yes it makes you want to :sad:, but as long as I don't get :sad: at the same time, then I try not to :cry:. In fact, I quite often find myself :cold:.

dudi said:
i need to fit a rear mudguard... i had a very wet arse.

In my pre-mudguard days, I managed to arrive with a muddy line sprayed right up the back of my jacket!

Top Bottom