I have a KOM

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Was looking on swinney.net & noticed down the side panel there was a Uphill KOM with a big fat 1 in it, followed the link & zoomed in, it's a 2Km torturous climb with a huge 1.3% gradient with a best time of anybody at 9:36 I'm not going to tell you where it is in case you all swamp over, mind you talking of swamp not ure currently anyone could beat me without swimming.

Not sure how it happened as I'm sure it wasn't there before, does that mean somebody has created it probably expecting them to be KOM?

13 rider

Guru
The segment could have been created after you had ridden it so you would have seen no good cup on your ride . Guard it's location

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

The segment could have been created after you had ridden it so you would have seen no good cup on your ride . Guard it's location
Just looked on the actual ride & there's nothing at the side of it

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Just checking - is a white number 1 in a red circle?

Drago

Legendary Member
I briefly held a KoM some years ago. Not just in my weight division, but a long standing, well established, full fat no holds barred KoM. A 6'4" 18.5 stone powerlifter beat all these athletes, racing snakes, and even a claimed professional rider. I didn't hold it long, but the fact that I held it at all with my physical attributes, and without even intending to target it, shows how crap some of these supposedly fast club lads are. Shoulda spent a bit less time on the turbo and a bit more on the tarmac laddie.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Does it even count if you are riding a recumbent?
You wouldn't be able to ride a recumbent through this section, it's not wide enough in places & I doubt you've get through the mud. I can't on the bike this time of year, especially if the horses have been through

DRM

Guru
I think it was on last years Tour de Yorkshire that 2 roadies were shown on camera holding a banner that read something like slow down you’re ruining our KOM’s :okay: could have been the Worlds though.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
You wouldn't be able to ride a recumbent through this section, it's not wide enough in places & I doubt you've get through the mud. I can't on the bike this time of year, especially if the horses have been through

But most recumbents are no wider than a road bike. Plus you can fit off road tyres quite easily,

Top Bottom