I have a KOM

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

But most recumbents are no wider than a road bike. Plus you can fit off road tyres quite easily,
Sorry misunderstood, whenever I think of recumbents I think of the trike version, I always forget about 2 wheeled ones.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Just had an email to say I've lost my KOM, beaten by 26 seconds, wonder if he went out to get it or just happened across it, although he must have done well there's 2 gates & last week there was still lots of deep mud.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I still hold 2 up hill KoMs and several on the flat. All are fairly short sprint sections.
I'm pretty good at an explosive sprint, so long as it's not more than 30 seconds. :laugh:
Best one is an up hill one on a popular route near here that I've held for 4 years and has had 1447 riders attempt it. I took the title on that one when I was 61. ^_^

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

I was out yesterday coming back from a ride a couple of miles short of 20 & remembered this KOM so I swung around that way & tried to attack it properly as i was feeling quite good, I took 1:30 off the time, & nearly 2 minutes off my previous best, but it's still not showing as having the KOM, does each one get checked?

13 rider

Guru
I was out yesterday coming back from a ride a couple of miles short of 20 & remembered this KOM so I swung around that way & tried to attack it properly as i was feeling quite good, I took 1:30 off the time, & nearly 2 minutes off my previous best, but it's still not showing as having the KOM, does each one get checked?
Sometimes the Kom didn't instantly appear as soon as you upload the ride Check the ride now again to see if it appears

figbat

Slippery scientist
Strava is normally really robust for me and puts my segment times up straight away, along with their position in the leaderboards. A couple of weeks ago I turned myself inside out chasing a KOM that has eluded me for 4 years - when I got home and checked Strava I had done it! But this was the one day that Strava was struggling with demand and it took an hour or so before my new KOM appeared on the leaderboard.

Drago

Legendary Member
I got one last week. I was aiming for a club record, but got the KoM. Not telling you buggers which it is else you'll go out and steal it.

Its gratifying that every other rider behind me up to #12 is either a racer at some level, or a coach.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Just looked & still not there after 24 hours, I'm more curious than anything else, I did wonder if it had been flagged or because it was a considerable jump it has to be verified. The original KOM was 9:10, my previous best time was 9:36, yesterday I set a 7:39 not sure what that is in percentage terms but it's quite a bit

@Phaeton if you post a link to Strava to check it . Them we can see where it is out of interest only :whistle: :ph34r:
Nice try, I do expect somebody to come along soon & put a sub 5 minute in very easily.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Was looking on swinney.net & noticed down the side panel there was a Uphill KOM with a big fat 1 in it, followed the link & zoomed in, it's a 2Km torturous climb with a huge 1.3% gradient with a best time of anybody at 9:36 I'm not going to tell you where it is in case you all swamp over, mind you talking of swamp not ure currently anyone could beat me without swimming.

Not sure how it happened as I'm sure it wasn't there before, does that mean somebody has created it probably expecting them to be KOM?
Did not happen if you do not show it on strava.

Drago

Legendary Member
I got cught out once. I'd busted a KoM, but it didn't show. Turns out the end of the segment was within my privacy zone, so although it showed me the time it wouldn't list me on the lederboard.

13 rider

Guru
I believe Strava does not automatically flag rides they wait until someone reports it . So you should have got your Kom before anyone had time to flag it

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

I got cught out once. I'd busted a KoM, but it didn't show. Turns out the end of the segment was within my privacy zone, so although it showed me the time it wouldn't list me on the leaderboard.
I can see that but as I had it before logic dictates I should be able to get it again,

Heigue'r

Veteran
Strava has been playing up with segments lately,Ive seen people waiting over a day for the crown,You can see they are quicker than the kom when you check but it just shows as a PB..annoying but I'm sure you should eventually get it.....also if something looks suspect,you should get an email asking about it..this is quite a new feature only added a few weeks ago.

Top Bottom