i have a triple tandem bike ask me anything about riding it.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

dave soi

Regular
it is 35 kg and the man i bought it from delivered it in a van to my house. the 2nd and 3rd person are still called stokers that doesent change even on a bike build for 6 which is called a hex. a tandem by definition is the seating arrangement hence a bike for 4 people which is a called a quad tandem is by definition still a tandem because of the seats being one behind the other. the brake and gear cables are longest. it is fun to ride got to be careful with turns.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur

OP
OP
D

dave soi

Regular
currently in to have a kick stand added so should have it back in a week.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
If it were my bike I'd be worried about the stress a kick stand could put on the frame where it is attached. I've read of ordinary frames being damaged by kick stands, and the force on the attachment would be much greater with a bike like this.

I could be totally wrong. I have no personal experience of kick stands and tandems, and it might be that correctly done, you will have no problem but it might be worth checking.

Rocky

Hello decadence
Given, in the UK, we are only allowed out if there are two or fewer people together, which seat stays empty when you ride?

OP
OP
D

dave soi

Regular
currently all of them as its in service but probably the middle one will be vacant so that we can keep social distancing

currently all of them as its in service but probably the middle one will be vacant so that we can keep social distancing
Why not put a shop dummy on that seat. Then the balance and symmetry will be preserved even when social distancing on your triple. Don't forget to put a helmet on her head.

Top Bottom