I have an embarrassing confession to make.................

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm using a jar of cooking sauce from the Co-Op tonight. In mitigation, I would say that it is Sharwood's butter chicken sauce and at quid on special offer, I was interested to see what it's like. In fact, it's pretty damn good. So, that frees me up for a bit of work on the rest of the meal. Natural yoghurt, some mint sauce and very finely sliced onion - so that's the raita. Home made onion bhargis - much better than the bought ones. Slice up lots of onion very finely. One green chilli pepper - plain flour, and stir through under a dripping tap until sticky. Then add cumin, coriander and a little lime to give it a twist. Shallow fry as flattened patties and turn them. Make sure that the mix is mainly onion - not flour, and do the bhargis a few at a time and don't let them burn.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Daughter made a wonderful curry last week Patrick, all fresh ingredients and all from scratch, took her about 3 ,4 hrs of messing plus all the shopping for the stuff.
jars are ace and save a fortune, just adding a few extras is fine by me on a week night.

enjoy

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Here's Patrick beavering away in the scullery awaiting their arrival...

PA-6523992.jpg

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
That's because it's a blend of fat, sugar, and cream with a token spice or two. Junk food.
A trifle harsh...

Water, Tomatoes (14%), Cream, Fried Onions (6%) (Onions, Rapeseed Oil), Tomato Puree (4%), Modified Maize Starch, Rapeseed Oil, Sugar, Butter (2%), Ginger Puree, Spices, Salt, Garlic Puree, Ground Coriander, Coriander, Citric Acid, Ground Cardamom, Colour.

Not too much in there that wouldn't be if I was making it from scratch....

ScotiaLass

Guru
I'm using a jar of cooking sauce from the Co-Op tonight. In mitigation, I would say that it is Sharwood's butter chicken sauce and at quid on special offer, I was interested to see what it's like. In fact, it's pretty damn good. So, that frees me up for a bit of work on the rest of the meal. Natural yoghurt, some mint sauce and very finely sliced onion - so that's the raita. Home made onion bhargis - much better than the bought ones. Slice up lots of onion very finely. One green chilli pepper - plain flour, and stir through under a dripping tap until sticky. Then add cumin, coriander and a little lime to give it a twist. Shallow fry as flattened patties and turn them. Make sure that the mix is mainly onion - not flour, and do the bhargis a few at a time and don't let them burn.
I quite often use Sharwoods - one of the few jars I will use

Top Bottom