I have an interview for a job...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

domtyler said:
Isn't NZ the most car dependant nation on the face of the planet? I'm pretty sure it is, though my wife spent time there and tells me we should think of moving there at least once a week.

Well done on getting the interview anyhow, that is an achievement in itself nowadays, and as it's a phone interview you'll be able to do it while masturbating! :biggrin:

What type of phone lines do you call :biggrin:

Keith Oates

Janner
Hope it goes well FM, it's a great country and there will be the odd game of good rugby to watch. The south can be a bit cold and windy in the winter though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

domtyler

Über Member
frog said:
Now in this day and age you'd have at least thought they'd be into the relms of a web cam interview. Especially considering your area of expertise :biggrin:

Hope it goes they way you want. I, for one, will sorry to see you go but I'd get a huge thrill out of the thought of a thoroughly decent bloke getting on in the world :ohmy:

Um, I think they have the internet in NZ too nowadays! :biggrin::biggrin:

redcogs

Guru
Be composed, be self assured, be attentive, be knowledgeable, be friendly, be reasonably assertive.

Above all things though - do not offer a photo, or go anywhere near the lens a videocam.

For obvious reasons;):biggrin:

When you get the job i trust that you will organise a leaving do at a suitable venue and invite all your friends and supporters.

i know of a rather nice telephone kiosk in Pennan which should fit the bill.

:biggrin:;)

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Cheers, people. It's week or so yet... I was just excited.

Oh, Keith - believe me, the North Island of NZ is substantially warmer than the north-east of England!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Good luck.

My second interview for the Singapore job i just got was over the phone. Terrible line, but it went ok. Best bit was I was wearing just shorts and a vest, and could keep an eye on the cricket all the way through!

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
zimzum42 said:
Good luck.

My second interview for the Singapore job i just got was over the phone. Terrible line, but it went ok. Best bit was I was wearing just shorts and a vest, and could keep an eye on the cricket all the way through!

Excellent. Singapore should be interesting, especially from the point of view of the work I do. Fantastic food by all accounts. I know a couple of guys who work in the University but I'm not sure I'd want to live there though (for much the same reason that I find it interesting!). My parents met there in the 60s, but its very different these days...

domtyler said:
Isn't NZ the most car dependant nation on the face of the planet? I'm pretty sure it is, though my wife spent time there and tells me we should think of moving there at least once a week.

My youngest son spent last summer there and tells me that mutton pies are the staple food.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Good Luck FM, NZ sounds great. My boss is a Kiwi and one of the nicest people I've ever met, when he describes "home" I wonder WTF he's doing here?

yenrod

Fab Foodie said:
Good Luck FM, NZ sounds great. My boss is a Kiwi and one of the nicest people I've ever met, when he describes "home" I wonder WTF he's doing here?

You often get that - its just the grass is greener scenario !

Top Bottom