I have had a crash - Advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Fair point. And if there was something seriously wrong or it felt weird then I would obviously have to let him go (and report it to the police).
What I meant was that it would be brilliant just in general. It would raise a question in my mind (is this guy going to be sensible about things?). If someone did drive away though, I wouldnt be as polite as I was in this situation.
You may have found out that there was serious damage to the bike when it was too late to do anything about it. Therefore removing any chance of stopping & letting him go.

OK pot calling the kettle black time.
Having been shoved out onto a roundabout, slowly by the driver in the car behind, on purpose. I followed him, caught up to him at the next set of lights. There I asked him just what he thought he was doing back at the roundabout. Not amused in any way by his answer nor the way in which it was given.
Knowing the car to be a pool car, I informed him that I'd be informing his employer of his actions & also stating in, writing if requested by his employer, that any damage to the front end of the car was his fault alone and that it had been caused by deliberate action on his part. His employer was informed & I got a person, lost for words, trying to apologise for one of their employees. He'd been spoken too, admitted it to them & internal proceedures would now be followed.
I never set out to chase him, I just happenned to know where the road he was on was going. Use of one restricted to bus, bike & taxi got me there first. To his surprise.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Terrible,the motorist should get ten years in jail for this one.

classic33

Leg End Member
The one you just talked about. It sounded like a dreadful situation.

I hope that if I am in anything more serious than today, that I wouldnt meet someone as neglective as that.
I was happy that the employer took the matter seriously & I left it to them to sort out. It was after all their car he was driving, not his own.

Mine was deliberate, yours as you say was accidental.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting

Enjoy them while they last. I am going to be commuting along a traffic free route in semptember so wont have much to post about. It certainly wont be along these lines anyway.

On the windier days get a big kite, you'll get a good average commute speed and we'll all want to see those videos.

Top Bottom