I have not knocked or banged on a car window in over 10 years. But I had to today. (video)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr_Kipling

Über Member
When I was a twat on a bike (age 13-23) I use to knock or sometimes bang on car drivers windows of those who drove silly & near missed me. 11 years down the line I believe I am no longer a twat on a bike. Today I had little choice but to knock on a drivers rear passenger side window in an attempt to warn him that I was there and hopefully avoid him running into me. Had I not seen the child in the back of the car I would have banged several times on the window. I had little time to react and my first thought was to ditch the bike and jump on the pavement (no clip in pedals) but I managed to move my bike just a little to avoid any contact with the guys car. I had a nice chat with the driver afterwards and he was a good chap & apologised. However after that, I just went home aborting my 20 mile leisure route after 8 miles. :sad:

for the record It was a coincidence that the drivers left turn was also my left turn on my 20 mile route, I did signal left.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJQ90bJ4xQw

avsd

Guru
Good and bad driving. The driver gave you decent space during the initial over taking and decent use of indicators. The reversing manoeuvre was not his/her finest moment they obviously missed the parking space and did not see you when they glanced in the mirror.. Glad no one was hurt. I hope it is another 10+ years before you need to knock on a window :angry:

Licramite

Über Member
The last time I banged on a people-carrier door was when it hit me, or rather shunted me over a lane. fortunately I was on a round about so had somewhere to go, round the round about as she got me from my left hand side.
Isn't cycling fun

Top Bottom