I have now joined the roadie club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

urbanrider

Well today i have brought a 2nd hand Giant Scr 2.0 road bike (my first)
cost £250.00, took a risk because i don't know a lot about bikes but it look good rode ok to me anyway (not used to road bikes) got it home and went straight up to LBS got them to check it and they said it was a good buy, had it adjusted a bit, and been on a (Quick :rolleyes:) 8 mile ride, i feel very pleased with it but was strange braking need to get used to that :biggrin:
Anyway TDF here i come:ohmy::biggrin:

u.R

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Well done mate.

Remember now you have joined the elite waves from mountain bikers must be greeted with a sneer in the event you can't avoid catching their eye.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Bloody hell, bargainacious.

I'm hardly even jealous at all. Oh no.

Belting along on those thin little tyres feels great once you're used to it.

OP
OP
urbanrider

urbanrider

Oh i forgot about the dark side, OMG ya lycra forgot that too :biggrin: do i really have too :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Just spent about 40mins cleaning and giving it some TLC, hopefully it will be kind to me and keep me safe on my first commute tomorrow morning will be taking it a bit slower me thinks

OP
OP
urbanrider

urbanrider

fossyant said:
40 mins.................is that all..............

Ya and that was just pumping up the front wheel :biggrin:

yenrod

Funny thing is, roady bikes are weird ~ you ride these thin tyres then having came from an MTB, go back on the MTB for a ride and you feel like your riding a couch down the road :biggrin:

Top Bottom