I haven't really cycled for three months and feel anxious getting out there again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi,
It's been about 3 months since I've been out on the bike .Dark cold night's, working hard and a few health issues have put my cycling on hold.
I've put on a little weight over this time and can feel it. Six bellies and five chins are starting to make there appearance again and I really don't like it.
Today though, the weather outside looks glorious and I'm not feeling to bad ,so I've promised myself to get out there again and enjoy the benefits of cycling.
I've almost forgotten how beneficial cycling has on my mental mood too. That seems to of taken a downward turn to
I must admit though I'm feeling a little anxious about my ability and dare I say even nervous.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
A few miles under your belt - and the joy, good times and benefits will come flooding back.

Stay safe ! And enjoy 😉

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I get a bit like this too, but find it usually disappears completely as soon as I'm out. Also helps not to put any pressure on yourself - it's nice here today too and I've told myself I'll maybe go out later, however I'm tired, ache and still am recovering a previous ride so probably won't be capable of the speed or distance I might ideally have liked.. so keep reminding myself that just getting out is a win.

I can identify massively with the mental health angle, and if you're anything like me you'll feel like a different person when you get back. Good luck :smile:

Joffey

Big Dosser
Hi,
It's been about 3 months since I've been out on the bike .Dark cold night's, working hard and a few health issues have put my cycling on hold.
I've put on a little weight over this time and can feel it. Six bellies and five chins are starting to make there appearance again and I really don't like it.
Today though, the weather outside looks glorious and I'm not feeling to bad ,so I've promised myself to get out there again and enjoy the benefits of cycling.
I've almost forgotten how beneficial cycling has on my mental mood too. That seems to of taken a downward turn to
I must admit though I'm feeling a little anxious about my ability and dare I say even nervous.

I felt exactly the same and yesterday morning I bit the bullet and went out. It was a revelation!! Can't wait to get out again this weekend.

Go for it!!!

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi again,
I got back around an hour or so ago.
That was just what the doctor ordered,
I did just under 30 miles and averaged about 15.5 mph. Definitely riding slower (usually I average around 16.5) but that aside it was great to get out there and take in the country side and see other friendly cyclists doing there stuff. Absolutely knackered but feeling good at the same time

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hi again,
I got back around an hour or so ago.
That was just what the doctor ordered,
I did just under 30 miles and averaged about 15.5 mph. Definitely riding slower (usually I average around 16.5) but that aside it was great to get out there and take in the country side and see other friendly cyclists doing there stuff. Absolutely knackered but feeling good at the same time

Good stuff Johnny. Just what the doctor ordered right?

Top Bottom