I hope it snows, it snows and snows this winter ........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
You went to visit @Snorri? ^_^
If I was going to choose to visit someone I think I would be checking to see who lived in southern Europe!!! I want to see the sunshine and warmth!

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
Slightly small problem this morning. I left my bike in car over night as CBA to bring it in last night. 2-3 inches of snow this morning. Got bike out of car without problem but can't get bicycle tyres off to put studded SMW tyres on as the Armadillo Nimbuses currently on it are so cold. Tyre levers (Park - normally excellent) can't even begin to lift the beads. Oooops :shy: . Have to fall back on using car to get to work today :whistle:.

Well the story today didn't quite go as I wrote. I managed to get the Nimbus tyres off and studded tyres on in 11 minutes as the Nimbis were just about warm enough to stretch to get off with tyre levers. So I did ride to work in the end, well half way, GBW from St.Ives to Cambridge. I was glad I had the studded tyres as it was pretty snowy but clear coming back. But boy the wind was cold.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Slightly small problem this morning. I left my bike in car over night as CBA to bring it in last night. 2-3 inches of snow this morning. Got bike out of car without problem but can't get bicycle tyres off to put studded SMW tyres on as the Armadillo Nimbuses currently on it are so cold. Tyre levers (Park - normally excellent) can't even begin to lift the beads. Oooops :shy: . Have to fall back on using car to get to work today :whistle:.
How come you don't have a bike permanently fitted with studded tyres? :whistle: ;)

It looks like spring is here, almost all of the snow is gone. The only snow left is in highly shaded areas.
Snow has been on the ground from October 17th 2012 till April 26, 2013 longest winter ever!
Spring here has the strange smell of decay, all the waste from the winter does not biodegrade so once everything thaws it begins to breakdown.

We had our first rain of the year today. That is something that is really special, first rain of the will cause the rest of the snow to melt and it smells so good..
Golf looks to be off for at least 2 more weeks, will be mid May before I swing a club.

I am fighting the urge to get out the road bike. Road are still covered in debris from the winter, but soon the roads will be cleaned and out the road bike will fly.

Bugger! Snowing when i got up this morning, no golf for a while.

C:\Documents and Settings\campbja.HQ\My Documents\My Pictures\bikes\apr 29.bmp

Top Bottom