I hope its not true about Frank Schleck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Do you think they're saving CSC for the grand finale?

I almost find myself wanting more positives to come out when I know I should want cycling to be proved clean(ish). Strange attitude:wacko:

Noodley

rich p said:

Yes. I did mention this a while back :smile:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Noodley said:
Yes. I did mention this a while back :smile:

I know you did;)

I just wanted to give you the opportunity to say so again:biggrin:

What I was sort of trying to say is, do you think they've got the results already and are deliberately drip feeding them for some reason?

Noodley

rich p said:
What I was sort of trying to say is, do you think they've got the results already and are deliberately drip feeding them for some reason?

I reckon they read my post and thought it would be a great idea! :smile::evil::smile:

Skip Madness

I am not remotely surprised by Kohl's positive - I found it hard to get excited about his Tour ride and was quietly hoping he would drop off the podium all the way through because something was clearly up. To be honest, I found his situation very similar to that of Emanuele Sella. Both were aggressive riders who would usually put in a strong showing on one mountain stage but would never hang in with the big GC riders over the course of the race, and would usually try to pick up mountain points Virenque-style in long breaks on medium mountain stages. Then this year they both turned into GC contenders overnight. It is not nice to feel vindicated about something like this, because I believe that it is possible to do great things which tear up the form book and are - that word again - unbelievable. But in the present climate it is hard not to be doubtful every time someone transforms themselves in the manner of Sella and Kohl.

Skip Madness

Cathryn said:
Who's KOM now then? Can't remember who came second.
Carlos Sastre and Fränk Schleck tied on 80 points, but I think Sastre's victory at Alpe d'Huez sends it his way.

Edit: Beaten to it.

rich p said:

I almost find myself wanting more positives to come out when I know I should want cycling to be proved clean(ish). Strange attitude:wacko:
I know what you mean. Sadly I think it's going to take a few more earthquakes of Festina/Peurto proportions before we get to that stage. Frankly, the more heads on spikes, the better as far as I'm concerned. Might just start scaring off the decreasing proportion who think they can get away with it.

Skip Madness

Oh well, this means the podium (at the moment :smile:) is Sastre-Evans-Menchov, which is the reverse of what I predicted but at least I got the right three. Every cloud...

rich p said:
Do you think they (as in, The Authorities) are simply turning the screw very, very slowly so as to ram home the point that they are serious? I mean, this must be agonising for anyone with a murky conscience...:smile:

Poor poppets. :smile:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm not sure but it makes for compulsive website checking. I've been on to cyclingnews.com every 10 minutes for a week:biggrin:

Noodley

rich p said:
I'm not sure but it makes for compulsive website checking. I've been on to cyclingnews.com every 10 minutes for a week:biggrin:

Get thee to some proper sites :wacko:

I bet cyclingnews don't even have the Kohl story yet :eek:

(edit - they do, but ages after everyone else)

Top Bottom