I hope its not true about Frank Schleck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Chuffy said:
Athletes caught doping in any competition are banned from the Olympics for life. That's why Millar wasn't in Beijing.

No, I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

It's not the IOC who are banning these athletes for life, it's the BOA.
British athletes are banned for life, those from other countries can take part again after their 2 years or whatever ban they get expires.
Remember the Dwayne Chambers court case before the Olympics ? It was BOA he took to court, not IOC.

Chambers (tw*t that he is :tongue:) did have a point that it's unfair that British athletes are banned and other nationalities aren't, because their Olympic associations have different rules.
The Khazak authorities for instance only gave Vino one year and there was talk of him appearing in Beijing...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Chuffy said:
Er, wasn't that the point that I was making? :tongue:
Athletes caught doping in any competition are banned from the Olympics for life. That's why Millar wasn't in Beijing. My point was that if the IOC can ban people from their event then why can't the organisers of the Grand Tours do the same?

the point I was making that individal event organisers can ban riders from their competitions but that doesn't stop them from running elsewhere - hence the restraint of trade, human rights stuff doesn't come into play. Landis can ride mtb events, Hamilton can ride non ASO events etc. It would require a uniform ban by all cycling organisers for it to be effective and,as I understand, if the UCI were to ban a rider for life then HR would be invoked as a disproportionate punishment. But I'm sure someone who knows what they're talking about will be along later!

Noodley

It seems to have gone a bit quiet, (apart from me starting rumours :tongue:) which IMO means either:

a) there is nobody else tested positive.
or
:biggrin: there is a positive from at least one big name and they are making damned sure that the samples are tested and re-tested every which way to make sure it sticks.

andy_wrx said:
No, I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

It's not the IOC who are banning these athletes for life, it's the BOA.
British athletes are banned for life, those from other countries can take part again after their 2 years or whatever ban they get expires.
Remember the Dwayne Chambers court case before the Olympics ? It was BOA he took to court, not IOC.

Chambers (tw*t that he is :smile:) did have a point that it's unfair that British athletes are banned and other nationalities aren't, because their Olympic associations have different rules.
The Khazak authorities for instance only gave Vino one year and there was talk of him appearing in Beijing...
Ah. My mistake then. I assumed the Olympic lifetime ban was a standard thing. Shows how much interest I take in athletics. :wacko:

Noodles - Don't say it's all over. I thought the fun was only just starting! :becool:

Noodley said:
I could not find the 'rainy sarcasm' smiley to put after option a) :wacko:
I'll have
01shithitfan.gif
on standby then. :smile:

Noodley

Blatant copying of a thread on bikeradar started by afx, but too big a story not to have a link:

http://www.podiumcafe.com/2008/10/6/629482/more-doping-news-from-ital

"PG: I don't know how to say it. Fanini is right but he needs to understand that cycling has always been like this. A kid who wants to take to the road relying only on his strength can, if he goes well, arrive seventh or eighth. As long as he is brave."

That's a grim assessment but surely not to this extent though. EPO changed the game completely.

Noodley

Noodley said:
I know there was a report in Belgian media which mentions the teams that 'may' have riders whose samples are being re-tested.

And since you lot are obviously crap at guessing the teams/riders named are:
AG2R: Valjavec plus one other rider
Saunier Duval: Ricco, Piepoli, Cobo
CSC: 5 riders
Columbia: 2 riders
Gerolsteiner: 2 ridersSchumacher, Kohl

The power of the threat of a chinese burn...:smile:

We're getting there.

So that's Gerolsteiner, what will be the next team? My money is on AG2R, even if they are French, then Columbia then CSC.

There will be so many lycra clad arses being clenched....

Top Bottom