I hope its not true about Frank Schleck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
Cycling News have a newsflash that Frank Schleck has been id'd as a customer of the infamous Dr Fuentes.

If the story turn outs to be true it is going to be very damaging and raise so many questions about this years Tour.

The Bad News

yello

Well, it's seems it's true that he had an appointment with the good doctor. Read into that what you will but I hope, I really do hope, there's nothing in it even if it was several years ago.

Noodley

I did not think this was news. I am sure I have read something about Frank Schleck having 'associations' in the past...maybe I dreamt it? :rolleyes:;)

Noodley

OK, cast your minds back to July...who were the dopers targetting? Why?

Genuinely, I remember something about Schleck before this article. I lose track of it all cos there is so much.

Maybe it's easier to take the 'never failed a test' approach.

Keith Oates

Janner
Nothing suprises me any more, but the report says he was seen visiting the doctor along with Riis. Now that could be really explosive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maurice

Presumably the Shlecks father's car getting stopped and searched during a stage of the tour had something to do with this.

Noodley

maurice said:
Presumably the Shlecks father's car getting stopped and searched during a stage of the tour had something to do with this.

<strokes chin > well, there may be a reason for certain riders being the subject of certain measures...although I reckon the TdeF stops would be based on more recent information.

Anyway, no failed tests...

OP
OP
mondobongo

mondobongo

Über Member
Somehow I missed the story below from Cycling News last week, what is going on. They are going back to retest samples. I think there is going to be a god almighty kick off more or less at the end of the Season.

Tour de France samples to undergo further anti-doping tests

The French Anti-Doping Agency (AFLD) said it will be re-testing several blood samples taken during the Tour de France this July. According to the Associated Press, the lab found results of urine sample tests from several riders "inconclusive" based on initial testing in Lausanne.
"I have decided that we will retest – with blood testing – all those who showed up as suspicious during the urine samples," said Pierre Bordry of the AFLD to the AP. "When we did the urine samples of those athletes, we had a serious suspicion that there was CERA [third generation of the blood boosting, performance enhancing drug EPO - ed.].
"The laboratory could not say definitively. The same analysis will be done, but in the blood samples," he said."
Samples will be returned to France, where the tests will be conducted at the Chatenay-Malabry lab. The AFLD declined to name the cyclists who had produced the suspicious samples.
Bordry estimated that the additional testing would take nor more than 10 or 15 days, which means results could be available as soon as before or during the World Championships in Italy.
Several riders tested positive during the 2008 Tour de France including Riccardo Riccò (for EPO-CERA), Manuel Beltran (for EPO) and Dmitriy Fofonov (for the stimulant heptaminol). Riccò's teammate Leonardo Piepoli also confessed to his team manager to using the same banned substance as Ricco.
Moises Dueñas Nevado secured his place on the doper's list Wednesday after his "B" sample came back positive for EPO, confirming "A" sample results. He had previously confessed to using the banned substance.

Chuffy said:
Phew, that's ok then!

Anyway, as the Great Lance has said so lets not worry our pretty little heads eh?

If people want to believe someone is taking performance enhancing drugs then it is like the old witchcraft trials....... being unable to prove guilt is unnecessary as no-one will believe or accept an innocent verdict anyway.

Guilty - burn him.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Cunobelin said:
If people want to believe someone is taking performance enhancing drugs then it is like the old witchcraft trials....... being unable to prove guilt is unnecessary as no-one will believe or accept an innocent verdict anyway.

Guilty - burn him.

Eh? What was the 7,000 euros to Dr Fuentes for then? Plasters? Immac?

Top Bottom