I hope its not true about Frank Schleck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
rich p said:
Eh? What was the 7,000 euros to Dr Fuentes for then? Plasters? Immac?

What was it for?

Fact - not assumption please.........

Noodley

I cannot understand why some people keep banging on about "proof". The system is stacked in favour of the dopers. If you cannot understand that some people have an opinion based on the piecing together of a number of elements rather than a one-off test then you need to look a bit more at the meaning of 'evidence'.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Cunobelin said:
What was it for?

Fact - not assumption please.........

A cyclist gives a large sum of money to a doctor who very soon after was proved to have been blood doping many other cyclists. If you think that's adding up 2 and 2 and making 5 then you probably also believe OJ was innocent!

rich p said:
A cyclist gives a large sum of money to a doctor who very soon after was proved to have been blood doping many other cyclists. If you think that's adding up 2 and 2 and making 5 then you probably also believe OJ was innocent!

A young lady was pursued across a field by an unfit overweight miller with amorous intent.

He was incapacitated and had one side of his body afflicted so that he could not move his muscles or speak properly.

She was accused of "smiting him down" by witchcraft.

No proof needed, just association - the answer was obvious enough to burn her and 6 of her family.

Why are we so scared of actually waiting for proof inthese cases before jumping to accusations and innuendo?

Apart from doing away with the burning - it is sad how little things have changed over the years

Cunobelin said:
A young lady was pursued across a field by an unfit overweight miller with amorous intent.blah blah etc
What utter rubbish. In the case of Puerto the blood bags were labelled with names and code names. The cyclists named (and I'm thinking of Ullrich and Basso particularly) consistently refused to take a DNA test which would prove the innocence that they so vehemently protested. Both were subsequently proven to be lying through their teeth. Schleck looks to be following the same pattern. Perhaps us nasty cycling fans should stop taking notice of all the evidence of the massive doping problems that cycling has had and has always had. Unless a rider comes forward of his own free will and offers a confession we should do nothing, say nothing and pretend that nothing is wrong.
FFS.;)

Schleck looks to be following the same pattern. Perhaps us nasty cycling fans should stop taking notice of all the evidence of the massive doping problems that cycling has had and has always had. Unless a rider comes forward of his own free will and offers a confession we should do nothing, say nothing and pretend that nothing is wrong.
FFS.

And therein lies an equal problem......

Please read the two posts - the "Guilty" decision is already made.

This devalues the system. There is no suggestion that we should ignore doping, Simply that we need to deal with it in a formal, legal and coherent way.

"Schleck looks to be following the same pattern"

Well that may be enough proof for you, but why not wait for some real evidence..... but then again that was never what witch hunts were about was it?

To carry on with disorganised infantile name calling and accusations in this way only works for the cheats. The system needs to be tougher, more evidence based and also clear of the present corruption, hearsay, gossip and leaks that are going to eventually discredit the anti-doping agencies.

OP
OP
mondobongo

mondobongo

Über Member
Fact the documents relating to this payment to Fuentes were uncovered by the German Federal Police and have been confirmed by the Attorney General of Luxembourg we are not talking mickey mouse rumour mongering here.

So to the payment what was the 7,000 Euro payment for??? Why from the rider surely a top pro would be looked after top to toe by his Team.

Unconfirmed as a fact yet but I would imagine they will stand up is witness statements stating Schleck was seen at Fuentes clinic with Riis in 2005.

Its not a smoking gun maybe but fingerprints at the scene. It most certainly needs clarification.

Riders and those apologists who will defend them no matter what have been bitching about anti-doping measures and tossing the phrase 'witch-hunt' about ever since testing and sanctions came into being. Armstrong has consistently put the boot into the anti-doping authorities and riders who speak out against doping, far more strongly than he has ever spoken out against doping itself. Attitudes like that and the way that Landis, Rasmussen and Hamilton, to name but three, have lied and lied and lied just means that cyclists have no right, no right at all to simply say 'trust me' and grump about being distrusted. I feel sorry for the genuine guys, the ones racing clean and who have always raced clean because they have to bear the burden of being looked at with cynical eyes. You call it a witch-hunt, I call it justified distrust. Besides, as has been pointed out, there is evidence that Schleck was employing Fuentes. Please feel free to dismiss this as nothing more than a figment of the mob's imagination. Or try to explain what innocent use Schleck could have for the services offered by Fuentes. I'm looking forward to hearing whatever reason Schleck (and Riis come to that) comes up with.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
FYI, Cunobelin, we're not the real judge and jury and our discussion on here is the equivalent of a few blokes down the pub mulling it over. We can say what we like to each other, just as you can, and if we choose to think it all smells a bit fishy then we are at liberty to say so. It matters not one jot to the UCI, ASO or Frank effing Schleck himself what me and Chuffy think, so please don't tell us again not to have an opinion.

Top Bottom