1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i is fast today

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by alecstilleyedye, 8 Oct 2007.

1. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

clocked over 30mph without a tailwind, gradient or slipstream. didn't last for ages as the road rose upwards before i turned off, but a nice start to the day nonetheless. :biggrin:

2. Panter

Panter Just call me Chris...

Nice work :biggrin:

I seem to max out at 26-27 at the moment, I'm looking forward to breaking 30...................one day :biggrin:

3. ChrisW

ChrisW Senior Member

Well done, i came in at about 23/24mph when i got going, but i bet i'm older, fatter and less fit than you!

Nice morning for it though.

4. alecstilleyedye

cheers chrises. keep it up. last april(06) i was having to use a mtb to get up the local rise i can now (occasionally) sprint up in 52/13, so i'm sure you'll get to do 30 on the flat too.

anyone who has reached a personal milestone shoud be proud of themselves, however insignificant it might be to the faster/slimmer/well equipped members on here.

5. Panter

Panter Just call me Chris...

Well said Sir :biggrin:

6. Maz

Maz Guru

I did 35mph this morning and triggered the 'slow down' sign.

7. alecstilleyedye

fantastic!

8. yenrod

yenrod Guest

I got flashed by a traffic cam. once - going thru a red...:biggrin::biggrin:

9. ChrisW

ChrisW Senior Member

Hang on, i only said iwas older, fatter and lwss fit, i didn't mentuion my "equipment"........tee hee, snigger snigger, cue lots of inuendo jokes!

10. Maz

Maz Guru

I hang my head in shame at having exceeded the speed limit.

11. alecstilleyedye

i hang my head in shame at missing the obvious innuendo in my own post (oo-er).

12. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

I remember a bike shop owner once looking me in the eye before a road bike test ride, and ernestly telling me to obey the speed limit.

I knew he was kidding, but it still gave me a frisson

13. starseven

starseven Guest

will you please stop it!!!

10 miles in 30 minutes, 50 miles in three hours, climb this hill , cycle that gradient and on and on .....and now hit 30mph on the flat.:biggrin::angry::biggrin::angry:

The minds willing but the bodies flagging!:biggrin:

14. I got to 70mph yesterday.:biggrin:

15. buggi

buggi Bird Saviour

i set off a slow down sign in a 40 zone once. (yea, ok, i admit, i was going downhill at the time :biggrin:)

i'm lucky if i get above 18 on the flat, and that's with a tail wind on a good day!