I just let somebody off for using a mobile phone whilst driving...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you'd charged him for the mobile use, would it be 3 strikes and there out, or was was that rule never implemented?

OP
OP
Vikeonabike

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Number14 said:
Was his car taken away for converting to baked bean cans?;)

I'm going soft in my old age, it's his mums car. He's in his 30's and she was unaware he had been banned. She is a community nurse and needs the car to visit patients. I didn't see why she and more importantly, her patients should be punished for his stupidity. So she got the car back!
If it had of been his car it would have gone to the scrappy...

jimboalee

His using a mobile phone whilst driving cannot be proved until at least 36 hours when his bowels move. If it is still connected to the conversation, he will be charged.

hulver

Fat bloke on a bike
Vikeonabike said:
I'm going soft in my old age, it's his mums car. He's in his 30's and she was unaware he had been banned. She is a community nurse and needs the car to visit patients. I didn't see why she and more importantly, her patients should be punished for his stupidity. So she got the car back!

TWOC as well then?

Vikeonabike said:
Do these cars actually get sold on, instead (assuming it's in good nick)? I'm no car fan, but it seems a waste to crush a roadworthy vehicle - even if its former driver was assuredly unroadworthy. It ain't the car's fault ...

One down, several hundred thousand to go.

Cheers for keeping up the good work VoB

661-Pete said:
Do these cars actually get sold on, instead (assuming it's in good nick)? I'm no car fan, but it seems a waste to crush a roadworthy vehicle - even if its former driver was assuredly unroadworthy. It ain't the car's fault ...

I agree to this... and use the funds to help.

Although... next time some exotic is seized... I would like to see one crushed... publicily... with the owner near by... just for the humiliation.

And then post it on youtube.

323,000,343 hits in 1 day...

thomas

the tank engine
I think the good things are, but some tatty P reg ford fiesta probably isn't worth the hassle....though maybe the police should link up with WE buy ANY car DOT com!

Crankarm

Guru
Vikeonabike said:

Like mother like son ...................

I've seen no end of nurses driving with mobile phones glued to their ears, and quite dangerously at that, and texting oblivious to the world around them. A lot don't seem to give a sh1t as they merely give a one fingered salute and shout abuse when their stupidity is brought to their attention.

So no I don't think she should have got her car back. She probably knew her son used her car but decided in the event he was caught to claim ignorance. Hasn't she aided and abetted her son's offences by allowing him to drive her car without insurance? Surely she can be nicked as well?

c2c

redredrobin
Crankarm said:
Like mother like son ...................

I've seen no end of nurses driving with mobile phones glued to their ears, and quite dangerously at that, and texting oblivious to the world around them. A lot don't seem to give a sh1t as they merely give a one fingered salute and shout abuse when their stupidity is brought to their attention.

So no I don't think she should have got her car back. She probably knew her son used her car but decided in the event he was caught to claim ignorance. Hasn't she aided and abetted her son's offences by allowing him to drive her car without insurance? Surely she can be nicked as well?

unless it was say someone you cared about that she was nursing in the community........??

Crankarm

Guru
c2c said:
unless it was say someone you cared about that she was nursing in the community........??

Nope wouldn't bother me. She would just have to get the bus or cycle to her client. People do survive and can get along quite nicely without cars you know. At least her son would be less of a libility if he took her bike instead of her car.

Top Bottom