I keep falling off!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wetdog

Hey guys how ya doin, I've asked a similar question to this before and got reasonable solutions and unfortunately they haven't worked, I continue to fall off :blush:.
I come to a stop and I hit the deck. No amount of planning, practise, training, relaxing, not worrying about it, makes any difference. One day there's gonna be a nasty accident, I had a close call a few weeks ago. Turning right at a T junction, I stopped and fell to the right. And a car just missed my head, it was close. If i unclip approaching the junction or right on it, it doesn't make a differance. This happens about a quarter of the time, another quarter is I get away with it and a half is now in blind terror :wacko:.
So the question is guys what do I do?
Stick with it and hope all comes right or stop cycling?
It bothers me intensely now, I don't go out anywhere near as much as I want. Just been out and fell over again.
I'm not gonna stop, so I guess I'll have to find a solution, wether it been through a meet up with someone or a different approach it will have to be done.

Mick.

In that case, put the flats back on or get a three wheeler.

boydj

Legendary Member
Unclip before the junction and slide forward on your seat with your weight on the pedals. As you come to a stop, move the foot that you stand on down towards the road and lean the bike over ever so slightly to that side. It should soon become natural.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I've had a few sideways ventures also. You gotta unclip well in advance, even just as a precaution in some busier sections.
I can't imagine having clip in pedals in a city, it would be super annoying.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
flats.jpg

?$plp_3_row$.jpg

pin-height2.jpg

any of the above :smile:

Attachments

• flats.jpg
    flats.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 66
  • ?$plp_3_row$.jpg
    ?$plp_3_row$.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 57
  • pin-height2.jpg
    pin-height2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 54

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Stop using clipless as everyone else has said. get a good pair of rubberized flat pedals and forget about clipless. I don't use clipless and don't feel the need to either. I'm quite happy with ordinary pedals. admit they are not the things for you and move on to continue to enjoy cycling again .

Top Bottom