I keep falling off!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Do you generally suffer from dyspraxia or similar?
As above flats seem to be the answer, if there's no benefit to using clipless for you, then don't :smile:

Also, perhaps don't cycle on the way back from the pub ;)

OP
OP
Wetdog

Wetdog

Cheers guys, thank you very much ^_^

Looks like it's flats for me then, what do you recommend as I don't have a clue?
The next question is footwear, what shoes do you reckon? I need waterproof ones as the whether don't put me off and I've spent a fortune and got all winter gear, and will be using it.

And no way will I be seen dead on a Tricycle :laugh:

Kajjal

Guru
Pedals :smile:

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Nukeproof-Electron-Evo-Pedals_76752.htm?gclid=CIWs3deN-c8CFQeJ2wodBdcIvw#

I use them all year round on Road, and when drier off road.

Newbie riders, clipless pedals and city streets are a recipie for falling off. Like everyone else advises, replace clipless with plain flat pedals. You need to improve your low speed bike handling skills. Kids do it naturally with slow races, slaloms, picking up and putting down cans from on the bike.

steve50

Disenchanted Member

Looks like it's flats for me then, what do you recommend as I don't have a clue?
The next question is footwear, what shoes do you reckon? I need waterproof ones as the whether don't put me off and I've spent a fortune and got all winter gear, and will be using it.

And no way will I be seen dead on a Tricycle :laugh:
Neoprene overshoes, they keep the cold out and keep your feet dry as long as you wear them under your waterproof leggings.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

The studded style such as the nukeproofs just work. My feet don't slip off the platform regardless of my footwear or the weather. Other styles (grooved plastic or bear traps) can be slippy in the wet. I've still got the dents in my shins to prove it.

Top Bottom