I knew I'd do it one day...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsmith

Veteran
I used to ride motorbikes, until the last one just got written off through no fault of my own. Anyway, I always found myself lining the car up to filter at traffic lights. Also found myself tipping the my head to approaching motorcyclists whilst I was in the car.

The second point wasn't an issue though as they always did the same back, knowing I was a fellow rider. I still do this when cycling and am amazed at the respect that motorcyclists give to cyclists whilst on the road. There must be a serious crossover between the two.

mustang1

Guru
Done that! :laugh:
Also automatically went for my helmet when setting out on foot :rolleyes:

Excellent! Please tell me you went on a date like this?

Sometimes I drive into cycle only routes then have to handbrake tu.. I mean three point turn as I realise the road is blocked for cars.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I came out of the station car park tonight on my commute and headed straight ahead for the cycle path...

... and then remembered I was in the car!

Had to make a short tour of the village before I could turn around and get on the road out.

Has anyone else tried to drive down a cycle-only route because they are so used to cycling everywhere?
This forgetful driver tried to drive up a cycle(-and-pedestrian)-only route, evidently because he was so used to cycling up narrow cobbled Yorkshire climbs of 15-30% gradient ...! :laugh:

driving-up-the-buttress.jpg

Brandane

Legendary Member
I regularly switch between cycle, motorbike, car, rigid lorry, and articulated lorry. For some reason the most awkward is the rigid lorry; I keep steering it the wrong way when reversing - as you need to do in an artic. I hope I never try to take one of THEM along a cycle path!

D

Deleted member 1258

A commute I used to do involved a right turn o a roundabout then dropping into a bus lane, using that roundabout in the car I've found myself dropping into the bus lane several times, its amazing that we are so much creatures of habit.

Top Bottom