I love cycling in winter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

I love getting in for 8:30 meetings, and my mouth is still frozen, and people say 'you sound like Elvis!', and I say

Thank you very much

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Spectacular commute in this morning. Not just a hard frost everywhere, but freezing fog to go with it! To wax lyrical for a moment, one stretch was covered in what looked like icing sugar, so I assume the fog had kind of turned into snow (if that's possible). The bushes and trees looked very Christmassy.

Now warming up over a milky coffee, and I think I'll have one of those remaining mince pies that I brought in, and that Germans so love, being deprived of all that belongs to a genuinely superior civilisation.

LOGAN 5

Maz said:
colder air=>denser air=>more oxygen/unit volume=>more oxygen in blood=>faster ride!
I heard something similar about there being more oxygen in the air when it's raining. Quite coincidentally if I'm not at work I always want to go running in the pouring rain......maybe coz of the oxygen thing, who knows.

Hate cycling on frosty roads, never know what's ice, frost or just slippery diesel, get nervous on it.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I'm getting cycling withdrawl now too!
Can't believe I'm in rural Ireland without even a rusty MTB for two whole weeks!
But Hooray there is beautiful scenery, plenty of fresh air and I'm away from the hurly-burly metal crunching mayhem that is London traffic.

Shouldn't grumble.

T x

Top Bottom