I love my Cole Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zipp2001

Veteran
I have over 60,000 miles on this set of Cole wheel, and the roads have beat them pretty hard. For a Clydesdale (225 lbs) guy who doesn't baby his wheels and puts a ton of torque on the rear wheel doing all my thigh burner climbs (15-28% grade). I just can't complain that I have just now in the last year broken a couple spokes. I've only had to true them one other time when not breaking a spoke in all the years and miles I've put on them. Thinking I'll run them this year and then retire them and get a new set.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0EHhcwtXFM

Ajax Bay

Guru
Looks like a youtube watch/click recruitment post to me.
Low spoke count wheel for a 100+kg rider load.

OP
OP
Zipp2001

Zipp2001

Veteran
Looks like a youtube watch/click recruitment post to me.
Low spoke count wheel for a 100+kg rider load.

Now this is a low spoke count for a 100+kg rider.
This wheel along with the disc wheel that goes with it will be leaving the bike cave soon. The Cole wheels were recommended to me because I'm a heavier rider, and they have more than exceeded my exportations.

Drago

Legendary Member
My DT Swiss wheels are 24/28 spoke and are absolutely rock solid for my 265lb load. They're CX wheels, deliberately chosen for solidity, but still plenty light for my road bike, and I hope they serve me as reliably as Zipp's wheels have. Hes clearly a satisfied customer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zipp2001

Zipp2001

Veteran
My DT Swiss wheels are 24/28 spoke and are absolutely rock solid for my 265lb load. They're CX wheels, deliberately chosen for solidity, but still plenty light for my road bike, and zip hope they serve me as reliably as Zipp's wheels have. Hes clearly a satisfied customer.

For us bigger riders we have too really watch what wheels we use, because a ton of wheels out there are rated for lighter riders. But we still want something that isn't a rock as far weight goes. So when you have a wheel that works for you and the type of riding that your doing why change. Sounds like you found a good set of wheels, keep-em rolling and stay safe.:bicycle:

Top Bottom