I`m done with rain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Jeez, it's only rain. Let's hope we never have to go to war if that's how soft we've become!

tyred

Legendary Member
Pah, softies. Just get on with it and stop whining...

st-Funny-Flood-Bike-Cycle-its-Happen-only-in-India.jpg

Smudge

Veteran
Not riding in the rain, means you dont have to buy (or wear) wet weather gear, dont have to fit mudguards and dont have to clean your bike so often.
Win, win and win.

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
I commute in West Yorkshire but I have to say it's very rare I get a proper soaking, thankfully. It's not great to have to hang kit off a door in the locker rooms and return to it still damp at the end of the day, but because it's rare and I'm lazy I don't mind too much

I had nearly 15 years of daily cycle commuting. At one point I kept a note of rainy days, and it did work out to be 1½ days a month. But clearly some parts of the UK are wetter than others. The solution has to be better waterproofs. And disk brakes. Definitely disk brakes.
And don't use exposure lights if they need repairing because of rain.

This is the 21st century, not the middle ages. Cars have been invented to make travelling more comfortable, amongst other things.
Not sure you've been following the news. If folks keep driving the middle ages may be closer than you think.
I do appreciate that it rains more in certain northern parts.
Ok for sheep, more of a challenge to people and bike bits.

bladesman73

Über Member
I live in the south east and noticed over the past 5 years that rain seems to be more prolonged and heavy atm. Remember the good old english shower? Always either dry or heavy rain now.

PK99

Legendary Member
I went to university in Manchester/Salford in the mid-1980s. It is supposed to be one of the wetter areas of the UK but in 3 years of doing a 1.5 mile walk each way from my flat (twice 4 days a week and once on Wednesdays) I only got soaked a handful of times. Quite surprising really!

Manchester is 15th on the list of wettest towns/cities in the uk with 867mm/year (1981 - 2015) and 5th on the number of rainy days @152 days with some rain.

But lordy it is grey! UKAEA/BNFL headquarters was located just down the road at Warrington for the simple reason that at its foundation it was part of the Weapons program and the largest UK munitions complex in WW2 had been around Warrington as it had/has the most days cloud cover of any area of the UK.

Top Bottom