I met someone with no relatives today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
I don't think I have ever done that before. Not a single relative of any note at all!

I was on a Teams call and while we were waiting for everyone else I got chatting to another attendee, I asked how her and her family were getting on, and she startled me by saying she has no family. She is an only child of two only children, and additionally one of her grandparents was an only child. Her parents and all her grandparents have passed on. She had no aunts or uncle obviously, so no cousins etc. One of her grandparents had a sibling, who may have had children, but she has not the tiniest clue or inclination to find them as they would be, er, can anyone work out what they would be to her? She herself has never married or had children.

Anyway two questions struck me, one is where would you leave everything (I will try and find out next week on the call) and secondly do only children 'run in the family?'

Drago

Legendary Member
On the bright side she saves a fortune on Christmas and Birthday presents.

vickster

Legendary Member
Anyway two questions struck me, one is where would you leave everything (I will try and find out next week on the call) and secondly do only children 'run in the family?'
Charity :smile: Friends?

I’ve got a friend who is an only child I think of only children. Her son is an only child too

Last edited:

si_c

Guru
My understanding is that for someone with no known family and who dies intestate the crown claims everything.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I don’t have anyone now either apart from an estranged brother and his family, which reminds me I really must get a will made. I’ll get the lawyer to be the executor and whatever is left of my estate can get split between a few favourite charities.

Drago

Legendary Member
I am also from a tiny family...

Top Bottom