I need a bigger shed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Just bought the missus her birthday present, her first road bike :biggrin:

A nice Giant OCR2 - See thread in wanted for details.

I'll give her a couple of weeks to enjoy it, then start the psychological warfare necessary to convince her that I need a nice new carbon/titanium/unobtainium steed for myself.

Oh and a bigger shed :biggrin:

LynnA

You men are all the same :biggrin: My husband has been wanting to buy a new bike for 8 months now and I have yet to buckle and let him do it; despite the flowers, a weekend away, the "I love you soooo much". I know what's really going on!!!! :biggrin:

Brahan

Über Member
LynnA said:
You men are all the same :biggrin: My husband has been wanting to buy a new bike for 8 months now and I have yet to buckle and let him do it; despite the flowers, a weekend away, the "I love you soooo much". I know what's really going on!!!! :biggrin:

Cold, so cold.

OP
OP
Kestevan

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
3BM - I've no sympathy for you, you're nothing but a scrounging good for nothing Pikey, and should be ashamed of yourself :smile:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Kestevan said:
3BM - I've no sympathy for you, you're nothing but a scrounging good for nothing Pikey, and should be ashamed of yourself :biggrin:

:smile:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
SWMBO has just agreed to a second seven be five shed on condition the fence is replaced first. Fencing contractor coming around tonight to quote!

I don't understand why the shed I bought for my/our bikes* is half full of garden furniture, now I no longer need to.

*less than 50% of the bikes in there are ridden by me.

Norm

LynnA said:
Now really, I can't say yes straightaway, what fun would that be? :biggrin:
:biggrin:

Hello, darling, is that you? :smile:

We always have a negotiation phase. My first motorbike cost me a new set of taps in the kitchen, although Mrs Norm learned from that and more recent purchases have been a little more even.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
I used to get pretty much what I want in exchange for a back rub and a hair cut/colour appointment....

Now the process takes around a year of planning, foundation then groundwork purchases in a carefully orchestrated fashion, then if I am lucky she may cast an eye over a written application for a new toy!

potsy

Rambler
I've just got a new mobile phone and have had to order her one as well:ohmy:
And she's just spent £300+ on a jacket and 2 pairs of pants,so will remember that one when I want a new bike later this year:biggrin:

bobg

Über Member
I find buying them all the same colour works for me. Mrs BG really can't tell the difference. The trick is keeping her out of the garage.....

OP
OP
Kestevan

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
And she's just spent £300+ on a jacket and 2 pairs of pants,so will remember that one when I want a new bike later this year

Wont work - Trust me on this, not a chance. Women only remember it when you spend money, or do something wrong...... They are genetically incapable of remembering their own purchases. To prove this, ask her out for a meal on Saturday. I can gurantee that despite the 2 pairs of pants and new jacket she will claim to have nothing to wear :biggrin:

I find buying them all the same colour works for me. Mrs BG really can't tell the difference.

Thats not going to wash round here either..... trouble with having a wife who rides bikes, she can spot new bartape and an upgraded chain, so the chances of slipping in a new bike are less than zero :blush:

Top Bottom